HDTV Question

wiifreek

WiiFreek
Jan 2, 2007
Maryland
Hey all I have the following TV it says it can handle the 480p that I am hearing the Wii uses.

My question to you all is this.

For this to come into the best possible picture is ALL I need to purchase is the component cables?

Also as far as I know I have the Wii set up to use widescreen right now. Is that the setting I need to use or?

Thanks !!

Also I used search and lots of arguments about what 480p actually is etc nothing specifying how to get it to show etc.

Thanks

Last edited:
nice TV :D

yes, the composite cables will be all you need to get the best picture. The difference is definitely noticeable. Mostly it is sharper and the colours more vivid.

After you buy the cables:

go into the Wii Options from the Main Menu
Choose Wii Settings
Choose Screen
Choose EDTV/HDTV (this button will not be selectable unless component cable is plugged in)

also be sure you have set up widescreen in the options too, if you haven't already.

Thanks a bunch that is all I need to know. Now to go to the store after work today :)

I am not going to be picky as a cable is a cable. I have seen our local Gamestops have plenty of different flavors of them. Hopefully they still have them today :p

you're aware the Wii requires proprietary component cables, though? you can't just buy any component cables -- you must buy either Nintendo's official cables, or the 3rd party cables. Either way, they're hard to come across. I'd phone ahead to avoid wasting time.

Yes I am aware of the "Wii" component cables and I plan on calling ahead :)

Thanks again !

no probs. just the way you phrased the last post I thought maybe you were going to buy regular component. good luck. if you do find some, post back here -- i'm sure there are others who would like to know where to get some!

Back