Help, Cant download wii update

alienated182 said:
not sure what the update is, but i cant do anything with the channels, cant shop even,im guessing a firmware.

The "channels" to which nintendo are referring in that help page are wireless channels, not Wii channels. Wireless signals are divided into 11 seperate channels and the Wii prefers 1 or 11 for some reason.

You will need the updates for numerous reasons. eg, your SD memory slot won't work until you update, neither will the forecast channel. Also you need to download the Opera browser if you want to use your Wii for web surfing and web-mail...

Your router config will tell you which wireless channel you are using, and if you don't have a router, get one.

And re: Darkmonk...

Wireless sucks, and I've been using it properly for years. It's handy yeah, but compared to ethernet it really realy sucks.

Connection problems, slow speeds, security issues, interference with TV's, phones etc...

Given the choice, go for hard-wired every time.

Last edited:
alienated182 said:
its pretty far away, but still recieves a signal worth of green
Encryption is Wep 64bt
wireless g
lynksys with speedbooster (wtf that is)
im new to the hole wireless era, just bought the router yesterday
go to your browser, type in address 168.198.1.1 (or 198.168 i get it confussed) and make sure your wireless is allowing any incoming signal?

if you never changed it your login is blank (nothing) and pword is admin.

edit: nvm your apparently connected. uhhhh your wii is being sassy.

Back