Help! Green light comes on but TV screen stays black

missey

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2011
virginia
I bought a uesd Wii today and cannot get it to work. When I turn it on the green power light comes on but the TV screen stays black. There is no picture or sound. I have checked all the power supplies and verified the tv is set up corrrectly. I have another Wii that works perfectly with the same cords and TV. I am just swaping out the Wii consoles and the new one is not working. The light inside turns on and it will take a disk and eject it but nothing on the TV, that just stays black. Please help. Thank you.

try thispress the + on your TV so it takes you to normal screen, then reselect the WII slot, happens to me now n then :\ (tell me if it works?)

Yes I tried that and still nothing. I even called Nintendo and they walked me through all the tv/video settings on my tv and still nothing. Thank you for the suggestion though.

I have the same issue :-(
I was using my Wii this morning - no problem. I disconnected it from 1 TV and connected it to another TV downstairs -we do this all the time; each TV has a Wii power supply, audio/video cable and motion sensor bar, so moving the Wii is a snap. But now, when I turn the Wii on, I get a green power light and a black screen - and that's it! This happens on BOTH TVs. Also, the Wiimotes act like they are not talking to the console (4 lights flash when a button is pressed), and they won't link to the console either.

Anyone have any ideas??

Back