Help!?!

Confused!

WiiChat Member
Jan 18, 2008
Bought my son a Wii - he's played with it for about 5 hours over the last few days - but - all of a sudden - it's gone to a black and white screen. Does anybody know if there is a menu where he could have changed anything? (I don't know a thing about the Wii...). PS. I have checked all the connections are in properly & checked to confirm the TV stations are still in colour! Thanks

soory to say

Im sorry to say but your nintendo wii over heated, a lot of the wiis have been having that you need to contact nintendo and send it in for service it should still be under warranty. But my wii started to have problems and i bought it 2 intercoolers one in the back and a coolstation so i would not have that problem but good luck with that tho

I don't understand this overheating issue. People say this all the time. After playing for 5 hours, the WII should not overheat, unless you were playing it in a room that was 100 deg. If you have checked the connections and the channels, I would call Nintendo. I have been told by alot of people that the coolers are not necessary, as they shouldn't be.

The Wii can get really hot. So, there's no doubt that it could overheat.
Though, since I stopped leaving it on Standby, that hasn't been too big of a problem for me.

good point solidkirby, didn't think about standby, which I don't do. Just a bit frustrating that you have to buy a cooler for it when that should be the job of the Wii's original fan. Oh well, what's $10 or $15 extra I guess.

odd, i've never had this problem at all, an i never shut my wii off at all and i have played for hours in a row, once for about 20 hours straight aside from bathroom breaks and to get more beer(When i got Super Mario Galaxy)

smyth said:
odd, i've never had this problem at all, an i never shut my wii off at all and i have played for hours in a row, once for about 20 hours straight aside from bathroom breaks and to get more beer(When i got Super Mario Galaxy)

Same here. Might have been the case in the early days.
Don't think it applies now tho.

Back