The New Guy
Apr 12, 2007
i got a Wii a few days ago after a long search
so far its ok
but i want to try get internet on it
I have a computor with a pretty fast wireless broadband connection in my room
but i dunno how to get my Wii to connect to the internet
do i have to buy anything?

I hooked mine up with a Wireless WiFi adaptor. Read your manual.

Yeah
I've gone to the Wii menu and searched for access point and tried most things to connect but it just says cant find access point for wireless
and to the other guys i spent most my money on the Wii so sadly i dont have enough money for a connector or Wi-Fi

DarkMantra said:
Yeah
I've gone to the Wii menu and searched for access point and tried most things to connect but it just says cant find access point for wireless
Have you checked that your router is set to channel 1, 6 or 11? It better using these channels.

just read you mannual it will tell you if it doesn't just browse that is what i did and now it is connected to the web so it is all good for me

I'll Check The Manual Again
and unless the router comes with the Wii i dunno if i even have one..thx for the replys

i had the same prob that I couldnt find my wirless when I searched for it on the wii. I ended up having to type in all the stuff manually. Just contact your braodband provider and they should be able to tell you all your opptions

also make sure in your router settings that it is broadcasting your SSID, otherwise you won't see it. I work for a broadband ISP and most of the time we will not troubleshoot a 3rd party router.

Here are some helpful numbers:

Linksys: (800) 326-7114

D-Link: (877) 453-5465

Belkin: (800) 223-5546

NetGear: (888) 638-4327

Most ISPs run off of a dynamic config (DHCP) and will not accept static IP. As long as you are set DHCP there should not be too much problem, unless of course your modem is having a hard time connecting to the ISP. Thats an issue they are required to fix.

Last edited:
DarkMantra said:
hey i need a hand

osho-hands.gif

Theres two for you :thumbsup:

I think your question has been answered here. Good Luck xD

Back