HI! New owner of a paper weight wii

Gazpacho

WiiChat Member
Jul 19, 2007
Apparently I got a bad one :sick:

I was so excited I finally found one in the store so I bought it, on my way into work, so I had to sit through work waiting to play the thing, then it was a good hour after I got home before I could set it all up, and wella! It won't take a disc, after screwing around with it a bunch I got it to finally take a disc in, then it wouldn't read or play the disc great, then it started locking up on me, switching to a black screen of death and staying there forever, I had to unplug it to get it to reset...

So today I called Nintendo, the best they can do for me is to send out a return slip for ups, then I have to wait for them to fix or repair it... :wtf: I guess they dropped the great service they had when the wii first came out :mad5:

The good news is I bought it through Gamestop and they found me a new one, and they will take it back in exchange.... I think I'll buy the extended warranty this time :O .

The wife is going to pick it up for me later tonight, hopefully I be up and running tonight :yesnod:

Anyways I'm here now 28m in MN, I'll join some other discussions later. :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
WELCOME TO WIICHAT!

Oooo. That is harsh. Funny title though. -----------------------------

Good Luck!

lol, heyy! Welcome to WiiChat. Good to see new members joining each day x_o :) Well, remember to read the forum rules, and simply follow them! See you around!

Welcome to the forum Gazpacho

Hope you enjoy your stay here. Oh and enjoy your Wii :)

Thanks! I'm been on plenty of forum's over the years, thousands and thousands of post under my belt, Usually only takes me a couple minutes of surfing a forum to decide if it's worth registering, this forum appears pretty solid with some decent traffic.

SO thanks for the warm welcome I'll probably be pretty quiet for awhile, I'm sure I got plenty of catching up to do, unlike you're average noob, I know where to find a search button and how to use 'em. ;)

Not a big gamer anyways, mostly I just play for fun on occasion, mostly with my cousin's when they come over. The wii looks to be great for a bunch of people to play, even more so than my PS2.

Thanks all, I'll be home in an hour, hopefully this new one is good, They guy at Gamestop was really suprised I had a problem he said he's never seen a problem with a wii.... Take that for what it's worth.

Today is also my first day here, welcome.

I am surprised but happy to hear that the console is not known for out of the box glitches like some of the other nightmares I see on the xbox forums.

I researched the xbox before the Wii but was sold on the wii for everything it is and everything it isn't. It's going to be a great tool for entertaining guests at my house and etc.

I also belong to a number of forums and know the deal with posting with pages of posts under my own belt.

Back