Hints and Tips?

balrogs.pa

Wiichats Idiot Identifier
Jul 12, 2007
I forgot how to look at a map.
Wii Online Code
0588-9206-9468-1123
I have this game, just i find the game so damn frusterating. especially when ill be facing a guy who all he does is tackle, and get crappy items like a giant shell which usually hits me. while he gets his special's when i tackle him. I was just wondering are there any hints you guys can give me while i play this?

don't tackle and give him powerups

have you beaten all the cups? You'll learn a lot from them

At first, everyone would feel frustrated by its difficulty. But later, if you practice more, then you will enjoy this game. Start playing against CPU level 1 or 2 in dominion mode. Then go up till level 5.

The only occasion when you get good items frequently is when you are losing by 3 or more points. If you are not, you won't get much. But shells are pretty good too. You can block megastrikes by it.

you hate them now, but as you get better, those items will become your best friend. like they said, practice--you can only get better. and once you do and you take your skills online, you'll find the game a lot more enjoyable. good luck, and have fun.

I'm trying to find a good team I havn't even hit petey yet could you guys give me some good team options I would appreciate it

Deadlock17 said:
I'm trying to find a good team I havn't even hit petey yet could you guys give me some good team options I would appreciate it

captain: mario or luigi

birdo
toad
hammer bro

been working well for me. :)

Mario, Birdo, Hammers and Toad are a pretty balanced team, although I personally like Yoshi in place of Mario because his hit is unique and I find it more useful.

The type of team you should use is really dependent on your own playing style. If you want a little more speed and ball coverage, you could switch out Mario with a Defensive captain like Waluigi or Daisy. Picking a Playmaker captain like Peach or Diddy wouldn't be a bad choice either, as their passing skills give Birdo and Hammers a little more punch, and she can cover the ball very well.

The reason you're having so much trouble giving your enemy items is because you are fouling his players often. Try to cut down on your fouling by learning to intercept the ball with your faster players instead of hitting or tackling him during lob passes. Learning to better read his offense will give you a better sense for intercepting ground passes with slide tackles. Getting a feel for when it is appropriate to foul a player can really help your game.

You can use items while charging a shot, so try to use your own items to set up skillshots by using them on lone defenders or for stopping megastrikes, rather than trying to use them to get control of the ball. Seemingly innocuous items can save your ass, too. Proper use of bananas for example can create a wall for you to take your shot from. Sometimes item management is just an issue of luck-of-the-draw.

Experimenting with different teams is a great idea. My own two favorite teams are Daisy, with Hammers and Boo in the wings, and Bones on defense. This team is absolutely great at covering the ball, with Hammers being the only strong shooter, this team uses "Trick Scoring" techniques with Daisy, Boo, and Bones.
I also like Yoshi, with Monty and Toad in the wings, and Birdo on defense. This team can score easily with Toad's excellent passing, and Monty and Birdo's great shooting. Yoshi is a competent shooter and passer, and his tongue hit is classic. Yoshi and Toad together field the ball pretty well.

Just keep practicing, you'll do fine.

Last edited:
That team is way too slow.

You have Mario, HB, Birdo, and I am assuming Toad in the back.

All someone has to do is run up the sides, time and time again and your power characters will not be able to reach them.

Even worse, you only have two good passers, one of which is too slow to make effective plays. This will lead to steal after steal. Additionally, your defense will definitely suffer, you have no characters with a long slide. You will be unable to intercept most passes, especially arial passes. You simply will not keep up.

You're obviously going for a team focused on power shots.

I recommend you scrap Birdo and add a toad or boo.

Next we need to get you some defense. So, you can either switch Mario to Daisy, Waluigi, or Peach.

Otherwise, you need to switch HB to a Dry Bones. In effect, Mario will have to be switched to a Power shooter, such as Bowser Jr or Wario.

Try this team out, I think you'll see a big improvement:
Wario, Dry bones up top, toad at the bottom, boo in the back

Personally, I would replace toad with a boo.

With Wario as your only competent shooter you may have a little trouble scoring traditionally. Working on your trick scoring ability could make up for it.

Back