How did monkey ball get a 8.4 in IGN?

nemo87

I Wii standing up
Oct 13, 2006
My friend went and bought Super Monkey Ball Wii last night, and we started playing the multiplayer minigames. The one thing i have to say is, how could someone make using the cursor (pointer) so incredibly hard to use? Seriously, any minigame that requires the cursor is immediately frustrating. It's very particular on how you use the cursor and yet, in some, gives you no idea where you’re actually pointing. But on the other hand, games that use motion and position of the Wiimote and nunchuck are actually pretty fun. but they are few.
So far this game has yet to impress me, it doesn’t even compare to the fun of its predecessors.

So I guess my questions for the topic are..
Does anyone else have the game?
If so what are your thoughts on it?

I rented it from Gamefly and I must say it is very frustrating at the least to play. I will probably send this back this weekend. The standard monkey ball islands are cool. But the mini games are downright confusing. The controls are different for every game, they dont really explain enough on what you need to do in my opinion. I would not recommend buying this game at all. Rent it first then see if you actually like it. Dont waste your money, I hate to plug. But join Gamefly and try before you buy.

http://friends.gamefly.com/r/b1dfb95acbb51029919d

theiceman72 said:
I rented it from Gamefly and I must say it is very frustrating at the least to play. I will probably send this back this weekend. The standard monkey ball islands are cool. But the mini games are downright confusing. The controls are different for every game, they dont really explain enough on what you need to do in my opinion. I would not recommend buying this game at all. Rent it first then see if you actually like it. Dont waste your money, I hate to plug. But join Gamefly and try before you buy.

Welcome to GameFly! Invite your friends! - 17
You just want a free Nintendo DS...
BURN HIM!:yikes:

i heard the mini games suck apart from a couple which takes time to find. however the single player is said to be very good, very difficult and has a good replay value when it comes to beating your time/finding short cuts etc. i will deffinately get this game as i trust IGN and im not really buying it for the mini games.

nemo87: try the single player as thats what the game is really about the mini games are extra and it will take time for you to find the good mini games.

theiceman72: you said it yourself that the SP is good, like i said the mini games are just extras, but fair enough you didnt like the game as its not for everyone, its more for people who like to pluck there days away trying to beat a very hard level.

Last edited:
It is horrible. I wish I could trade it for something else, but every store in the city is sold out on everything untill tomorrow. AVOID

Ill give the single player a shot, but i'm still glad that my friend bought it, the only reason i like moneyball is for the minigames when your drinking with friends over. trauma center however looks amazing.

wiicanchangetheworld said:
You just want a free Nintendo DS...
BURN HIM!:yikes:

Actually I am not trying to get a free DS. I never buy games before I try them. This game I would never recommend anyone to buy before they try it. 90% of people that buy it hate it. Just imagine all the money wasted.

Now as far as the Free DS. Well I already have plenty of people on my list. Should be getting mine Next month. Just trying to help people out. I am one of the top 25 reviewers in the XB360 section. So I just wanna help folks out. It's amazing how much money you save when you rent titles. Sorry for the plug, I did not bring up the free ds people.

Back