Rayman Raving Rabbids and Super Monkey Ball Blitz?

rach2k

WiiChat Member
Jan 8, 2007
Can anyone tell me how similar these games are - is there any point in having both? I've managed to end up with both of them, and I'm having great fun with Rayman, but unsure about whether to keep or try to sell monkey ball. Any thoughts?

FWIW, I haven't opened monkey ball (or red steel, for that matter) yet, figuring that would be better if I do decide to sell it (them). ...not that I'd know the best way of doing so...

Monkey ball is teeeerrrrible! I rented it from gamefly just got it yesterday...played it for 20 min then friends came over and everyone agreed this game blows...the mini games suck and i cant even get to a control menu to quit...luckily the wii has their own menu to restart the software...btw hows rayman i'm thinkin of renting that next

dude, you really didnt like monkey ball? I thought it was pretty sweet. Rayman on the other hand was a blower, and here's why.

They SAY that the game has over 70 exciting mini games, which in a sense is true. however, what they do not tell you is that half of these mini games are just harder REMAKES of the same games you have already played. This made me ANGRY. The game is funny to look at and it is fun while you play it. But dude, it is not worth 50 bucks. I beat it in a day, and in a week it was boring. I would save my money if I were you and I would get wario ware when it comes out. THAT is some good mini gamage.

and besides, the mini games are great, but Monkeyball is all about the 1 player. :D

bigstrickler said:
Monkey ball is teeeerrrrible! I rented it from gamefly just got it yesterday...played it for 20 min then friends came over and everyone agreed this game blows...the mini games suck and i cant even get to a control menu to quit...luckily the wii has their own menu to restart the software...btw hows rayman i'm thinkin of renting that next
That's not true, Super Monkey Ball is AWSOME! Only if you know how to use it right. Only a few games aren't very fun but most of them are a blast!

Caveat: I'm a nongamer, this is all sort of new to me.

Rayman is great, I love how goofy it is. I was just wondering if it was a bit...redundant to have that AND Monkey Ball. Or is it worth keeping both?

Not sure if I want it at all! Mainly I want to keep myself entertained, but being able to play with friends would be good - if I can ever manage to get another remote + nunchuk, that is.

Yup. Any ideas where to get another in UK?

Return what? Monkey ball? I plan on getting another wiimote, but it might take another month before they become readily available here. :-/

I have a friend who's waiting for his Wii - he preordered in October. When it does finally arrive, I'm sure we'll be bringing our wiimotes over to each other's houses ...unless we can get our own by then.

Back