How do you connect ot he internet with the Wii?

David328ci

WiiChat Member
Apr 2, 2007
I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to connect to the internet on my Wii. I select wireless accesspoint and it picks up my wireless router, but it's giving me an error code saying it cannot connect. Are there any special settings I am supposed to use? My lap top and my xbox 360 pick up my wireless network without any special settings. Help please. :nonod:

A linksys router that is not any of the non-compatible routers listed. >_<

not really, when it picks it up, does it appear unlocked right?

I used to have a wireless linksy that worked fine on my wii.
Have you upgraded your system (or summit like that, i had to do it to get news and weather forecasts)
I now have a belkin wireless :eek: i havnt tried my wii since i got it :eek: i better check.

Cpt.McLoud said:
I used to have a wireless linksy that worked fine on my wii.
Have you upgraded your system (or summit like that, i had to do it to get news and weather forecasts)
I now have a belkin wireless :eek: i havnt tried my wii since i got it :eek: i better check.

I have not upgraded my system. It's the same wireless network that has worked for everything else in my house. Maybe my Wii has defective Wifi. :/

David328ci said:
I have not upgraded my system. It's the same wireless network that has worked for everything else in my house. Maybe my Wii has defective Wifi. :/

you should call nintendo..i think that's the best solution :smilewinkgrin:

do you know if you have it in channel 1 or 11?

David328ci said:

The wii system upgrade i can't remember how i done it but it got my wii working fine on the news on and weather so it might work on the internet! Maybe you might just have a bad internet channel remember it is only the trial version, when the full version is released it might work for you.

Last edited:
Back