how do you work wifi

If you have a permanent internet connection (IE: broadband) You need a wireless router. these can be picked up at any electronics store or even Walmart for anywhere from $50-$200. Then you set it up and search for an access point with your Wii and connect to it. Good luck.

PS: Nothing needs to plug into the Wii. :D

Leche159TKE said:
If you have a permanent internet connection (IE: broadband) You need a wireless router. these can be picked up at any electronics store or even Walmart for anywhere from $50-$200. Then you set it up and search for an access point with your Wii and connect to it. Good luck.

PS: Nothing needs to plug into the Wii. :D
no, not into the wii but his pc.

Leche159TKE said:
Naturally. However I think there are some that require no PC, I have no sources for that...just a thought.
as far as i know routers dont have to have the pc on in order for internet to be accessed. but for adapters i am pretty sure that the pc needs to be on at the same time.

Byuakuya said:
as far as i know routers dont have to have the pc on in order for internet to be accessed. but for adapters i am pretty sure that the pc needs to be on at the same time.

Touche, my friend. Touche.

Yes with the USB wi-fi adapter the pc has to be on and connected to the net, but with a wireless router it dont, the wii just picks it up.

And the wi-fi adapter is to create a wireless access point on your pc if you dont have a wireless router, the wii has built in wireless and can pick up the adapter.

If your going to purchase one go for the Official Nintendo DS one,
its the best and easiest one to set up.

Back