How to fall and stay on track

wilkinjr

WiiChat Member
Apr 15, 2010
Illinois
Like most of you, I play a ton online...I know there are plenty of cheaters and hackers out there. I am 2 cups short of a 1 star, whatever thats worth...either way, I am legit with a rating of 7600, as high as 8200 but I find myself at a major disadvantage. When racing online and someone in front of me falls i.e. Rainbow Road, they actually remain on the track in front of me. Whenever I fall, I lost several spots and can usually not recover especially near the end. How is this possible? Is it a trick that can be done?

no its just wi fi being stupid as all it happens to me alot nothing to worry about

Either A: there's a homebrew code that allows a player to "teleport" back onto the track when they enter the "fall off track animation", or B: Mario Kart Wii doesn't seem to have lag, but there's a LOT of lag online. The game evens out lags very well, though, so it can be hard to noticed by an untrained eye. I've seen plenty of cases where a green shell hits someone dead on, but phases through them. Or in your case, I've also seen someone reel off the track, only to end up keep going a second later in the same place they had.

Can't say I've caught wind of option A being possible, so it'l almost, if not always, be lag that's portraying a player driving incorrectly, throwing them off the track while in reality, they were never even close to falling off.

Yeah daisy J27 is right nintendo WFC may do that sometimes i have seen it!

lag. between the WiFi server and all the wiis involved. the program tries to predict action, if a racer gets close to an edge, one of two things can happen, fall off or hold the edge adn keep going. the program does the easiest thing first, shows the fall then it has to catch up in realtime (lag) that is why it appears that they have fallen. mind you other people see this when you race too. heck you could be the race i'm seeing fall. ;)

Back