How to get Wii on my computer

sarspants

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2007
I just bought a new monitor and I was wondering what's the best way to put my Wii on it. I considered buying a DVD/VCR combo with all sorts of inputs and doing an HDMI to DVI conversion. This way, I'd have DVD, TV, and Wii. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know if they make any other wii connector other than the standard RCA cables and the component cables. You may want to look into see if they make a gender changer to hook the wii up to your computer monitor. I'm not positive. I think it all depends on if the market makes the proper cabling.

ronjon13 said:
uggggh i know there is an adapter made just for this but i cant remember the name, there is a video on youtube

EDIT

here it is

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2151736&CatId=1428

Be careful of third party products that promise your wii to look great on a computer monitor. I actually bought one because I am curious and I went back to the ugly tube tv.

Computer monitors do not give wii or any system justice. I went ahead and saved up for an hdtv because that is the only way to make game systems look nice.

That website has absolutely NO customer service.

For that product, it only works iwth newer LCDs and even then it is like a slot machine to try and get lucky. It doesn't work on every LCD.

I tried it on my one year old LCD an it didnt work. I tried to return the product with their 30 day money back guarantee but since they are in a different country the shipping is about $50. I never got responses to 2 weeks worth of emails.

Overall, I would not recomend that company.

Back