Hows Wii Online?

imfreakinb

WiiChat Member
Sep 12, 2007
Im trying to figure out if i want a Wii or Xbox 360. A big factor for me is online multiplayer. I know there arn't many online games out for the Wii right now. How is Wii Online? Do you lag much? Is there cheating? Does it take awhile connecting into games? I have cable internet. Any info will help. I just want to make sure it doesn't suck.

The Wii is alright online, lag just depends on you and your opponents connection, you shouldn't have a problem because I too am running cable internet and have no issues for the most part. An xbox 360 will give you more online gaming out the box, but the Wii has quite a few titles coming and they should be good online. Only cheating I've heard of is people disconnecting when they're losing on Strikers. Log in time isn't too bad, though I am a bit impatient when it comes to games loading. Either way you make a good choice, you most likely will get a lot of people telling you to get a Wii though.

If your looking for online gaming and communities the xbox is the way forward. The wii is better suited to having people round and playing it

I thinkit's more a case of if you want to compete or just have fun.

For fun, I'd say Wii.

If you want to compete and "be the best" (kinda thing) then 360 would probably be your ticket.

Since you're asking, I pressume you want it for fun. There's quite a few fun games out at the mo, and all of them you can play online for free. Not too sure, but I think you have to pay subscription to play online with the 360...

If online is the most important thing for you then at the moment the 360 will be the better machine, there are more online games, you have voice channels for communicating with other gamers, and at the moment the Wii only has a handful of online playables with no voice.

Bear in mind that you need to get a Gold Subscription for Xbox Live, which if you are in the UK costs about £40 a year (not sure about pricing in other regions), but you will get 2 months free when you buy a new 360 (this is the case in the UK and I assume it to be so in the rest of the world). Currently there is no charge for WiiConnect.

Given time the Wii might get some decent online games, but at the moment there's nothing much to write home about. So, if you are getting a console in the next 3-6 months and online gaming is your main concern my advice is get a 360, the Elite looks very nice.

Hope this helps.

Just so everybody knows, you can buy a card from Best Buy here in the US for $49.99 and gets you Xbox Live Gold for 12 months. Also they offer a 13 month "Special Halo 3 edition" card for the same price, so just an FYI.

Wii online kind of sucks,No way of communication,No voice cant even type messages and stupid friend codes.

But games like MOH2 will have no friends code and probs will have some sort of communication.

360 is the best for you, I think. There's not much online for wii, and what little there is is pretty disappointing. The lag is acceptable, but it's only "online" in the loosest since of the word. There's no means of communicating with other players, so playing wifi is more like playing against an AI that can either be retarded or ungodly difficult at any given time.

XBox Live is the penacle of online gaming, go with that. Then, down the line, if you want to play some great party games and share ass-space with friends, grab a Wii. :)

Well you get some good stuff with the Wii's online.
Wii connect 24 allows you to get the weather at your fingertips, and also allows for you get some pretty good news as well. ( I like it for my sporting news)

As well, the Wii's online is just getting sorted out, so great things are bound to come, so I would go with a Wii personally. Just depends what you like though.

to be honest, if you want online gaming experience, then you should get a 360

Back