I have Wii online!! Speedtouch 585

salad82

WiiChat Member
May 18, 2007
I was having all sorts of problems trying to get my Wii online. It kept saying it couldnt connect to the internet etc etc.

I am using a Speedtouch 585 which connects to the internet on my Non Wifi pc via a belkin USB dongle (£20 from PC World).

in the end all i had to do was change the settings on my Wii (Just the ip address) and it worked!!

say the address was 10.130.120.20 i changed it to 10.130.120.30 (I.E added 10 to the last part to ensure there was no conflict) and days worth of tring static IP etc etc done with!!

So just thought id post as i was changing the IP but not like that and it wasnt working. i tried changing it by a couple of numbers etc so hopefully this will help someone

Is the Internet on your Wii fast with it??

I also have problems with my Wii connection, so I will buy the Wi-Fi Max Lan Adapter.

i downloaded Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 and they didnt take too long at all actually, have browsed the internet and had no real problems, but when buffering things on youtube etc, can take a while as you are sharing your connection with the PC and the Wii, whereas before i wasnt wireless, so the difference in speed is due to that rather than porr Wii internet i guess. I only get about 2.5 Meg broadband also when i should be 8 but thats down to the exchange.

if you pick up decent internet speeds i cant see a problem

Back