I Need Help

Frenzy_Banana

WiiChat Member
Apr 7, 2007
ok heres the story

i play a Donkey kong Barrel blast(U) then it automatically update my Japanese Wii. it works fine but then after 5 mins of playing this game, its like theres no audio video in my tv like a blank screen(when your wii is power off) but my wiimote has a sound and my wii power's on. so i turn off my wii and turn back on but ive got the same problem

i duno whats goin on and how to solve this problems. any advice?

OOH!
I think that maybe the update made your Wii corrupt and therefore no output. Or your AV output has just died.
Just take it to a repair shop, and hope you still have warranty!
Do it or I will send a killer snail named Bob after you. He eats Pies and Xboxes.

On second thought, call Nintendo and complain. That usually works.

when my brother this happen to my wii too (i don't know what he was playing though)... i tried turning off the wii and everything but the white screen was still there... i ended up unplugging the TV and plugged it back in and it was fine after that

Frenzy_Banana said:
ok heres the story

i play a Donkey kong Barrel blast(U) then it automatically update my Japanese Wii. it works fine but then after 5 mins of playing this game, its like theres no audio video in my tv like a blank screen(when your wii is power off) but my wiimote has a sound and my wii power's on. so i turn off my wii and turn back on but ive got the same problem

i duno whats goin on and how to solve this problems. any advice?

That is why you don't mod Wii's. Your Wii will probably be beyond repair now.

Unfortunately for you, it will not be covered in your warranty.

its not modding, it automatically upgraded itself. but maybe the cords arent working, or probably not, just try and pull em out and put them back in, alwayz works for me

dark samus said:
its not modding, it automatically upgraded itself. but maybe the cords arent working, or probably not, just try and pull em out and put them back in, alwayz works for me

It is modding if he played a U.S. version of a game in a Japanese version of the console.

Aren't you supposed to get all the latest updates via online before attempting any new games with a modded wii? so that it detects the update exists, and therefore wont install the wrong version on and brick your wii?

dark samus said:

yes, it upgraded itself with the wrong firmware. You are screwed.

KyleForMe said:
It is modding if he played a U.S. version of a game in a Japanese version of the console.

Aren't you supposed to get all the latest updates via online before attempting any new games with a modded wii? so that it detects the update exists, and therefore wont install the wrong version on and brick your wii?

my japanese wii is modded
no, i did not update my wii via online and i dunno how to update via online, i cant read japanese
so my wii is brick?? is there any step to fix this?

alek317 said:
when my brother this happen to my wii too (i don't know what he was playing though)... i tried turning off the wii and everything but the white screen was still there... i ended up unplugging the TV and plugged it back in and it was fine after that
i do try that but still no output

Frenzy_Banana said:
my japanese wii is modded
no, i did not update my wii via online and i dunno how to update via online, i cant read japanese
so my wii is brick?? is there any step to fix this?

Yes there is a way to fix...
Play your wii until a new JP update is up...
Then update your wii via internet...And for the fact never update your wii with games, that will mess it up if your wii is modded.. So now you know...
Just wait for a new update by nintendo and update via internet and the new jp firmware will overwrite the U.S. one. And no....you can't fix it just by carrying to a shop to get fix cause Nintendo can downgrade but all the way to cero and you wouldn't like that right? Just wait for a new update. And NEVER update through a game disc!!!!

The only trick for this not happening again is to always update yoru wii via internet so that your firmware is up to date and the game disc wont be able to update it because there is no reason for that o.k.?

Eddy04 said:
Yes there is a way to fix...
Play your wii until a new JP update is up...
Then update your wii via internet...And for the fact never update your wii with games, that will mess it up if your wii is modded.. So now you know...
Just wait for a new update by nintendo and update via internet and the new jp firmware will overwrite the U.S. one. And no....you can't fix it just by carrying to a shop to get fix cause Nintendo can downgrade but all the way to cero and you wouldn't like that right? Just wait for a new update. And NEVER update through a game disc!!!!

The only trick for this not happening again is to always update yoru wii via internet so that your firmware is up to date and the game disc wont be able to update it because there is no reason for that o.k.?

very interesting. So once a new update has been confirmed for japanese wii's, will he have to navigate blindly through the wii menu to initiate an update? And that will then fix the lack of video and audio output?

If this is true, OP you shound find instructions including pictures of how to get through the wii settings menu to fix this once an update is released.

I suppose also you could wait until a japanese game with the most current update is released, then insert and play that.

KyleForMe said:
very interesting. So once a new update has been confirmed for japanese wii's, will he have to navigate blindly through the wii menu to initiate an update? And that will then fix the lack of video and audio output?

If this is true, OP you shound find instructions including pictures of how to get through the wii settings menu to fix this once an update is released.

I suppose also you could wait until a japanese game with the most current update is released, then insert and play that.

Well that is much more accurate but if he can't see anything then he will have to randomly find the disc channel eventhough is on the left upper corner. Well you know that when your Wii is bricked or half bricked you should be able to see video.. So maybe he got a half bricking and something wrong with his cords or tv. But yeah it's easier to get a new Japanese game that would have the update and run it. And that would be like Lol wait a lot. the last update released was 3.1 right? So then you'll maybe have to wait for a game with a 3.2 update maybe.

He might actually have to wait much more time to fix his messed up/half bricked wii. so that is why I said online update. Have he tried in other tv's? Eventhough U.S is NTSC and J too but you never know when I used my freeloader in GC and my tv was in pal setting or others it wouldn't work so check that out.

Back