Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

i sold my wii, and didnt unlink the shop, then i gotta new one...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Online' started by Flanando, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Flanando

Flanando WiiChat Member

Hey

I sold my wii a while after launch (money problems) and didnt unlink the shop from my nintendo club (vip:24) account - Now all this time on I have rebought a wii and have recently been back on my nintendo club account - and can see they have downloaded some games from the shop in recent months.

So i changed the user name and password of my nintendo club account and re linked my new wii with the nintendo club account - and have put about 2000 wii points on to it.

I know they cant access my account from the website, so they cant take my stars - but can they take the wii points from the shop? or are the wii points on the wii console itself - and dont become a universal thing between all wii's linked with my nintendo club.

Any help would be great im going out my mind about if my wii points and account is safe or not lol

Flanando

2. david.d

david.d WiiChat Member

Wii points will stay solely on your console and cannot be accessed from any other Wii.

I don't think you can link more than one Wii to your online Club Nintendo account. So, as long as your absolutely sure your Club Nintendo account and new Wii are linked, i don't think you'll have a problem there.

3. Neepo

Neepo WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Wii points are linked to one specific Wii console, whoever you sold your old Wii to won't be able to access them. I'm not even sure if the Wii Shop Channel account on your old Wii will have stayed linked to your Nintendo VIP account after you changed your password.

4. Flanando

Flanando WiiChat Member

thank u load off my mind :D