I was told to join this forum so tell me if i am still in the wrong forum PLEASE HELP

241 boi

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2007
Before i start i do know that there is other threads on this.

I want to access the Nitendo Wii Internet shop but i have a few problems
when i click on "Wii shop Channel" heres what comes up:

Wii Shop Channel

Shop for virtual Console Games
&
New Wii Channels

You must configure your Internet settings to see this channel​

It gives me 2 options:
1) Wii menu
2) Enter Settings

When i go to "Enter settings" heres what comes up:
Connection Settings
&
Console information

The console information will be listed below

when i go to Connection Settings it gives me 3 connections so i click on the first one and it asks me
"Wireless Connection"
"wired Connection"
i choose wireless connection because i am on a wireless connection
then i click "search for an access point" put it comes up "None found" or something like that.

but my internet connection works all over the house because we have a laptop even outside on the trampoline it works.

so whats wrong?
below here are the details

My Wireless Network Connection: BTVOYAGER2091-8F
Speed: 54Mbps
Single Strength: the majority of the time its Excellent
Wireless ASDL Router

My MAC address is
00-17-ab-45-c4-ab

*i try to give you the most information i can and if you want any more information i will try and get it but i can't promise anything*

Does your wireless ADSL router have security or encryption enabled on it? If this is the case, you must ask whoever has the security key to give that to you. If it is MAC Address restricted, then you must enter your Wii's MAC Address into the router's MAC tables, and then your Wii will be able to access the wireless access point.

However, as your Wii is not even able to detect the network, I'm not positive that either of these two situations is the case. What other information can you give us about your access point?

tighr said:
Does your wireless ADSL router have security or encryption enabled on it? If this is the case, you must ask whoever has the security key to give that to you. If it is MAC Address restricted, then you must enter your Wii's MAC Address into the router's MAC tables, and then your Wii will be able to access the wireless access point.

However, as your Wii is not even able to detect the network, I'm not positive that either of these two situations is the case. What other information can you give us about your access point?

i have nearly given up all hope however how can i check if security or encryption is enabled on it?

If you don't know yourself, then ask whoever set it up for you. Did someone else in your home set up the wireless connection?

It won't matter if you have the security turned on or off with the Voyager, the Wii should still see it, just not connect.

The BT Voyager series don't work with Nintendo DS's, so I would hazard a guess they don't work with the Wii either.

The DS can connect to the Voyager itself, but can't connect to the internet properly.

I hope it's not this, but BT have a habit of using very restricted firmware and not giving any leeway on protocols.

EDIT: I just found out that it's possible to manually turn the wireless on or off with that router from within the config pages. Are you sure your wireless is actually enabled ?

Last edited:
tighr said:
If you don't know yourself, then ask whoever set it up for you. Did someone else in your home set up the wireless connection?

i set the wii up myself

Goots said:
It won't matter if you have the security turned on or off with the Voyager, the Wii should still see it, just not connect.

The BT Voyager series don't work with Nintendo DS's, so I would hazard a guess they don't work with the Wii either.

The DS can connect to the Voyager itself, but can't connect to the internet properly.

I hope it's not this, but BT have a habit of using very restricted firmware and not giving any leeway on protocols.

EDIT: I just found out that it's possible to manually turn the wireless on or off with that router from within the config pages. Are you sure your wireless is actually enabled ?

yes my wireless is enabled proberly

Try changing your wireless channel to channel 11. Have you tried adding an extra wireless connection?

JohnnyNova said:
Try changing your wireless channel to channel 11. Have you tried adding an extra wireless connection?

i am not quite sure how to do that

Back