If you're having a Wiimote problem...

sarasota

Let the Wii pwnage begin.
Nov 13, 2007
Sarasota, Florida
Just a story here, I got Medal of Honor 2: Heroes the other night, was SO hyped to play......put it in, and my Wiimote instantly screwed up.......I noticed this barely on other games, but it made MOH2 IMPOSSIBLE to play....jumping around when I got to the right side of the screen, pointer disappears, etc.........of course, first thing i think, resync.......so I did, both remotes, same problem........searched the message boards, nothing, so resync again to be sure, nothing. Because MOH relies on precise pointing (as opposed to Tiger '08 or something) is was impossible to even play the game.

So then I spot something, and do a quick test.....CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTS......the tree is next to the TV, on the right side....we've heard that neon, etc interferes with the Wiimotes, but so do christmas lights apparently. I turned them off, and wham, game played perfectly, and I became the proud owner of a sore hand due to 5 hours of straight online play, awesome awesome game :)

So, if anyone else is having this problem with a Wiimote, and you have a Christmas tree near your Wii, try turning it off, might be the problem :)

T

whoa!......interference?.....that never happened to me before

:shifty:

-goes and looks for christmas lights-

I had interference one day last week, the window curtains were open and the Wii-mote was going crazy, I'm guessing, due to excess light.
As night came, Wii-mote was much better...

i had the exact same problem. i seriously thought i had broken my sensor bar or something because it worked fine until i got to the left side of the screen, which is where my tree is. i finally realized it after a few days. of buying a new sensor bar and stuff that it was the tree. ended up having to move it down. lol

sarasota said:
Just a story here, I got Medal of Honor 2: Heroes the other night, was SO hyped to play......put it in, and my Wiimote instantly screwed up.......I noticed this barely on other games, but it made MOH2 IMPOSSIBLE to play....jumping around when I got to the right side of the screen, pointer disappears, etc.........of course, first thing i think, resync.......so I did, both remotes, same problem........searched the message boards, nothing, so resync again to be sure, nothing. Because MOH relies on precise pointing (as opposed to Tiger '08 or something) is was impossible to even play the game.

So then I spot something, and do a quick test.....CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTS......the tree is next to the TV, on the right side....we've heard that neon, etc interferes with the Wiimotes, but so do christmas lights apparently. I turned them off, and wham, game played perfectly, and I became the proud owner of a sore hand due to 5 hours of straight online play, awesome awesome game :)

So, if anyone else is having this problem with a Wiimote, and you have a Christmas tree near your Wii, try turning it off, might be the problem :)

T
This is a well known problem. It is in the Wii instruction manual

Back