Indi console

Cloudkill

WiiChat Member
Sep 7, 2006
Essex
Wii Online Code
4237-4713-8774-6257
I was wondering if Nintendo were going to make an Indi console for the Nintendo Wii, to give un-known developers a chance to make 2d games for download on the Nintendo Wii.
A keep hearing rumours, the reason I ask is I’m a small games developer and I make games for Gamer Park, I would purchase the development console.
I would love to convert my GP games to full screen Wii games.

any info? thanks

vagrant said:
That would bring about so many legal issues.

And do you mean Indie?

yes thats the word lol sorry.

you know like the Net Yaroze that came out that sort of thing, is what i mean, highly unlikely though.

I think this was one of Nintendos goals to beging with to have Wii shop allso a place for independent game developers to publish their work. For that purpose they made developer tools quite cheap and tried to keep coding easy. I have no idea when or if they are going to get some indie games to Wii shop and if you are developer I think it's better to contact Nintendo directly for info. Oh and btw. if you contact Nintendo and happen to get some info from them don't forget to tell us =).

Ancestor said:
I think this was one of Nintendos goals to beging with to have Wii shop allso a place for independent game developers to publish their work. For that purpose they made developer tools quite cheap and tried to keep coding easy. I have no idea when or if they are going to get some indie games to Wii shop and if you are developer I think it's better to contact Nintendo directly for info. Oh and btw. if you contact Nintendo and happen to get some info from them don't forget to tell us =).

Well I did actually ring them, and they gave me a e-mail address, I e-mailed them but all they replied with was something about Nintendo Europe not being able to supply the information.
But if I worked for a major developer I would get noticed lol

Cloudkill said:
Well I did actually ring them, and they gave me a e-mail address, I e-mailed them but all they replied with was something about Nintendo Europe not being able to supply the information.
But if I worked for a major developer I would get noticed lol

Well I guess they are not ready yet to let you guys to start making games for Wii yet but I have high hopes that they will announce possibility to make and sell games trough Wii shop for small developers some time during next year.

Back