internal memory space

smudge

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2006
Ok I have downloaded quite a few VC games, and i know the wii has only got 512mb internal memory. does anyone know if Nintendo plan to bring out an external drive to store data on in the near future? Also when you delete a VC game,,how does the wii Know that you have downloaded the game before when and if you decide to download it again... Im just thinking with the soon to be added N64 games,that the 512mb of memory will be insuficient

Smudge

Car'nt you expand your memory allready with an SD card? I thought that was the Idea.

And in the Online store, theres an option of games you've all-ready purchased allowing you to download them again in the future if you remove/delete them.

smudge said:
Ok I have downloaded quite a few VC games, and i know the wii has only got 512mb internal memory. does anyone know if Nintendo plan to bring out an external drive to store data on in the near future? Also when you delete a VC game,,how does the wii Know that you have downloaded the game before when and if you decide to download it again... Im just thinking with the soon to be added N64 games,that the 512mb of memory will be insuficient

Smudge

Yeah, they are gonna have support for external harddrives later on!

Can ya put games on your SD card,,thought it was just for saves and stuff..sorry not sure ! yep i know it knows what games you have downloaded before and that your able to download them again for no charge,,was just wondering how they know what games you have downloaded before...lolol..confusing myself now !!! not hard to do !!

Smudge..

Thx i playwii,, wonder what else they will bring out for the USB ports ??

Your Wii is tied to your acct. As long as you have that particular Wii, they will always know which games you have d-loaded.

smudge said:
Thx i playwii,, wonder what else they will bring out for the USB ports ??

I'm sure USB keyboards support will be coming soon and other various items they throw out on the market for the Wii.

I think that the SD card is for storage only. At least that's the way it seems to work. I have a 2GB card and it's working fine. I expected it to add to or be come and extension of the Wii's internal memory. I've copied and moved game data to the card and erased it from the Wii's internal memory. I checked and when I went to use the game it was not there. The game asked me if I wanted to save data to memory. I moved the data back and then it was able to be used by the game. So I'm assuming that the chip is really only used to store stuff to move around and can't be used by the Wii for games while playing them
(or other things)? I looked on line and in the manual but I can't get
any details on this or maybe I just missed it somewhere. I've e-mailed NOA but no answer yet.

Darn, well if thts the case, the SD cards are only for storing games while you aren't playing and/or do not have any space left on your Wii console.

So im guessing this new wii Hard drive in the works will mean we can save to it and play virtual games straight from it.
lets Hope It's pretty soon then! :)

Back