Internet browser on Wii

Yes, flash is incorporated. All YouTube videos should play as well seeing as Opera can't really be dumb enough not to put in some sort of media codec to view/stream things from the net.

might be a bit mcrandom but, how do u type on the wii? (soz for the random post for the random thread, but your talking bout opera and i guess you have to type in the url etc, so how do u type with the wii?)

I do in wall control touchpanels for homes, and we have internet browers built into them. We also do wireless versions as well.
What we do is have a button to press to trigger an overlay of a keyboard to type with, the client uses their built in stylus to type in the address, then press it again and it goes away.
I can only think Nintendo would do the same thing, just without the stylus, it's gonna be point and shoot with the remote, just like it works now.

The other theory would be to use a wireless keyboard that is IR driven just like the remote control. You point it at the sensor bar and it reads the sensor.

There is no PATCH to browse with the Wii. There is a way to trick the DNS of the Wii to load other web sights.

cnmsales said:
There is no PATCH to browse with the Wii. There is a way to trick the DNS of the Wii to load other web sights.

true...my bad:mad2:

any one know where to find it??

guys guys guys..

it will be free to DOWNLOaD until june 2007, you dont have pay to use it after that, its just that if you dont get it before june 2007, you will have to pay to get it..

Kamikaze said:
I don't mind paying a one time fee for this, but what about an antivirus program like Norton or AVG, what would Nintendo do in order for you to surf safely? Or will that cost a little extra?

to write a virus for a games console would be obscenely difficult...

trust me your safe :)

but that doesn't mean you should frequent pr0n sites... as Nintendo will be watching you... :)

TheRook

fuseman13 said:
I do in wall control touchpanels for homes, and we have internet browers built into them. We also do wireless versions as well.
What we do is have a button to press to trigger an overlay of a keyboard to type with, the client uses their built in stylus to type in the address, then press it again and it goes away.
I can only think Nintendo would do the same thing, just without the stylus, it's gonna be point and shoot with the remote, just like it works now.

The other theory would be to use a wireless keyboard that is IR driven just like the remote control. You point it at the sensor bar and it reads the sensor.

I would guess a bluetooth keyboard would be more likely & easier to develope/ setup :)

TheRook

Back