wii internet

playing with it now, seems buggy as heck.. gotta read the instructions I guess, but I can go to youtube but cant seem to use those blue arrows to scroll~!

oops, hold down b to scroll, getting a little ahead of myself....

youtube is at least watchable even on a crappy tv... I cant really read a page unless I zoom in massively though...

How fast does the broswer open up? Is it like the shop which takes quite awhile, or forecast which takes seconds?

i was hoping for it to come out earlier today, rather than tomorrow(22nd), because the forcast channel came out at about 4:00pm on the 19th rather than the 20th, for me atleast.

yep it works. though I tried to post into this forum by clicking on the link in my gmail message saying that I had a reply in this thread and I got an error message "protocol not supported".
Still pretty cool though - played some videos on youtube okay

seems to work OK, for a trial version, dont really see the point of it yet though.

If you have an internet connection in the first place you're more likely to use a computer than the wii, but hopefully Nintendo will release some exclusive content soon to make it worthwhile.

well, it's nice to have, but i doubt i'll really use it much (at least in its present incarnation, which may change in the future)

1: it's unreadable unless you zoom in to a the page you're watching.

2: No Copy and Paste! Come on! If you're going to be gimped by the fact that you don't have a typing-friendly input at hand (i.e. keyboard), at least give us Copy and Paste!

3: Kind of an addendum to #2 - it doesn't have the functionality you normally expect from a browser - e.g. - you can't right click and save an image. You can't save any content you see, essentially.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's the trial version. Hopefully the full version will be more browser-like - right now it's more like one of those presentation kiosks than a legitimate web browser.

Last edited:
In response to #2 on my own post above - actually, I think the copy/paste functionality should be part of the Wii system itself. It would be pretty useful to copy text (a Wii code for example), from a website, and then paste it into the address book. Obviously, in order for that to happen it has to be a cross-software feature.

I just downloaded it a few hours ago and this is not so bad! The speed is pretty good. I kinda do have a problem with the zoomin in and out sometimes and I wish there was a keyboard, but I am impressed! I was able to go on my space and youtube with no problem at all! This is fun. Flash games are a blast! This is definately worth trying out for free. I love it!

Back