Internet connection problems for wii

jsnipeshow

WiiChat Member
Dec 18, 2007
i hav a 100mbps wireless connection from my linksys router. i hav set up a connection with my wii and the internet is good on it for a couple mins then it stops workin for a long time and starts again. and in the past few days i hav been tryin to update my wii from version 3.1 to 3.2 i believe and it starts the update and get to lik maybe 15 percent and once it got to lik 90 percent but then the wii looses the connection. this is pretty annoying lol :mad5: :sick: :wtf: . i dont knw wats wrong. ny suggestions/possible help??
greatly appreciate it. :yesnod:

umm..

you should move the wii closer to the router until it has at least 2 out of 3 bars of connection.

Maybe the lost of wi-fi signal is causing it to stop the update.

Oh yeah to truly understand the specific speed of ur internet go to www.speedtest.net and post ur result here :]

*A Rep increase will be nice*

I have a similar problem but mine doesnt lose connection it just stops loading the page half way thru. It didnt give me any problems till the last couple of weeks when i started using it more, i delete the cookies before i load a new page, but that shouldn have any thing to do with it. I know the pages are wii compatible because i go to them on a regular basis its just know it won't load them. It does if for wii chat sometimes, the g4 channel for the wii, and other wii based websites. If any one knows whats wrong help would be apreciated.

oh i jus found it. it shows the signal strength when u click search for an acess point. its beside the lock indicating whether or not ur wireless internet or w/e is locked or not

if you are running p2p programs and downloading stuff, sometimes i will cut your router off because it is trying to handle too many connections.

so, if youre doing that, that might be causing your issue. it esp cuts out wireless for some reason

oh and also, you might want to try this if my above post does not help you. you might need to update the firmware on your router. just to to the manufacturers site and go to the support portion, there will will find firmware updates for your router. make sure to look close and pick the correct router.

then you dl the firmware onto your computer and login to your router from the browser. i believe for linksys it is 192.168.1.1 not sure what the passwords are.

anyway, once inside the router options there should be a tab for like "admin" or management or something, so in there and find the file you downloaded and upgrade the firmware.

however if you changed any settings on the router such as security or passwords, they will be reset once you upgrade the firmware

hope that helps

interference....

If you have and cordless phones, certain cell phones, or microwaves, it could be disconnecting you due to interference, Experiment with different locations too...

100mbps is just you're connection of the Wii to the router not the actual internet connection.

Back