is it my component cables or my tv???

Jono

taste's like chicken
Nov 29, 2006
melburn
Wii Online Code
2913-6550-9284-2410
HELP-is it my component cables or my tv???

hey, just opend my wii this morning and had bought the component cables yesterday. got a tv from my dad (not new, just somthing lying around the garage). it has the blue,green and red plug inputs in the back.
so i connect everything up proper with the normal av cables first to test it, works fine then component cables go in and when i open the settings menu it goes to blue screen for 2 seconds and then jumps back into the settings menu. so i thought the wii settings might not be set to HD yet so i go into settings and switch from 60hz to 480p and it just goes blue????
the tv is some wierd brand called "ATD" and i'm suspecting that it's ****.

opinions on the matter? and they are propper nintendo component cables aswell.
oh and if it is the tv do you think i should trade the cables back or keep them for a future "real" HD tv??

cheers

Last edited:
it has the component in at the back so i thought it would work, but i guess i thought wrong.

Try this out.

Go to

Wii System Settings 1 > Screen > TV Resolution > EDTV or HDTV (480p) > then click on confirm.

Don't know if that will help but let me know.

Jesse said:
Try this out.

Go to

Wii System Settings 1 > Screen > TV Resolution > EDTV or HDTV (480p) > then click on confirm.

Don't know if that will help but let me know.

You apparently didn't read his post. His screen got messed up after switching to 480p. Because is tv doesn't support 480p.

And no, just because you have component in doesn't mean you get 480p. It will still be clearer with component but not all that much.

vagrant said:
You apparently didn't read his post. His screen got messed up after switching to 480p. Because is tv doesn't support 480p.

And no, just because you have component in doesn't mean you get 480p. It will still be clearer with component but not all that much.

Apparently I did. He may have hit back instead of confirm. Which could be the reason behind his problem. Think before you post instead of trying to bash someone.

yeah i did exsactly that, and as soon as i put it on 480p it went blue so i switched back to the norm av cables.
i think i'll stick with the tv for a while and just give back the C-cables:(

ah well, i still have one of the best video game systems every made! i love it as soon as i smacked the golf ball for the first time i fell in love.

thanks anyway guys!

Jesse said:
Apparently I did. He may have hit back instead of confirm. Which could be the reason behind his problem. Think before you post instead of trying to bash someone.

Once again, you didn't read his post. Hitting back instead of confirming it...wouldn't have caused his screen to mess up. It would have stayed exactly as it was. It messed up the screen because he switched it to 480p when his tv doesn't have 480p support.

Think before trying to claim someone is bashing someone.

vagrant said:
Once again, you didn't read his post. Hitting back instead of confirming it...wouldn't have caused his screen to mess up. It would have stayed exactly as it was. It messed up the screen because he switched it to 480p when his tv doesn't have 480p support.

Think before trying to claim someone is bashing someone.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

My reasoning was more to try and help him not cut him down.

BTW the screen didnt mess up when he switched the Wii to 480p it messed up when he put the cables in.

So apparent you didnt read the post.

Last edited:
Jesse said:
BLAH BLAH BLAH

My reasoning was more to try and help him not cut him down.

BTW the screen didnt mess up when he switched the Wii to 480p it messed up when he put the cables in.

So apparent you didnt read the post.

You do realize like three posts above this one he for the second time stated that it turned blue when he switched it to 480p?

And I never cut him down, his tv will not display 480p, so he cannot have it set to 480p on the wii.

Itso Facto, you're dumb.

vagrant said:
You do realize like three posts above this one he for the second time stated that it turned blue when he switched it to 480p?

And I never cut him down, his tv will not display 480p, so he cannot have it set to 480p on the wii.

Itso Facto, you're dumb.

Dumb. HMMM

I was trying to problem solve(help him out) not just say it doesn't work, blah blah blah. So who's the dumb one.

Guess it doesnt matter cause he's not gonna use the component cables anyways. Thanks for helping him vagrant.

There is no way to help him. He was asking if it just wouldn't display in 480p. And the answer is no, it won't display in 480p, because clearly his tv doesn't support 480p, but he thought it would since it had component input.

Seriously though, keep the whole "little kid" attitude for your parents/friends/relatives.

vagrant said:
There is no way to help him. He was asking if it just wouldn't display in 480p. And the answer is no, it won't display in 480p, because clearly his tv doesn't support 480p, but he thought it would since it had component input.

Seriously though, keep the whole "little kid" attitude for your parents/friends/relatives.

You done child as I'm probably older then you are!

Back