Is the Nintendo Zii the New H`D Wii?

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

Is the Nintendo Zii the New H`D Wii?-1.052009-12-16 14:52:38Maura SThe internet is all agog today over the news that Nintendo recently filed a trademark for the name ‘Zii’. According to website SiliconEra, the information was not made public until yesterday, when it was published in the Japanese trademark database. This has led to much speculation from other industry websites in the know, including T3, Tech Watch and Tech Digest, that maybe, just maybe, Zii has been trademarked because it’s going to be the name of Nintendo’s next console, the much-mooted HD/Blu-ray, all singing, all dancing version of the Wii. With even Nintendo admitting recently that Wii sales appear to have hit a bit of a wall, it wouldn’t be at all surprising if they’re already well on the way to releasing their next console. Sure, NOA president Reggie Fils-Aime may have categorically stated that an HD Wii (or Zii?!) is not happening any time soon, but that doesn’t stop us speculating, does it?

or better yet, first check to see if another has posted it. by forum rules, duplicate threads are spam, and over half of this section is duplicate threads of news that was already posted. what should be done then is simply you guys make a post in the already made threads instead of spamming.

Keep in mind some news articles will overlap and the credible source, where the article was originally posted, is SiliconEra.

RivalDestiny, the "zii" news is posted by ME, I mostly post stuff BEFORE this asshole "wii news" Hell, I mostly DO the news on wii, wiiware OR vc...sick of this "Wii news" guy who overlaps MY news, like what the hell, i post stuff BEFORE HIM OR HER something, geesh f**kin wii news guy get a f**kin life.

Hey Guys, Remember "Wii News" is a bot that imports everything from the front page from our writers. It may be the same news but with our views/opinions on it.

Last edited:
bot or not, the people who originally post it on the front page are just ripping of his news. just let castlezelda do it, he posts the news faster and with better articles.

bot or not, the people who originally post it on the front page are just ripping of his news. just let castlezelda do it, he posts the news faster and with better articles.

There not really as he just copy's pasts other words.
Could be considered theft/copyright, but its in a quote so its not

Its easy to copy paste a story its a bit harder to write your own.

castlezelda does awesome bringing the forum ALL of the latest WII news around the world. We have fun writing articles for the front page as well. More Wii News with different opinions and perspectives.

Keep in mind some news articles will overlap and the credible source, where the article was originally posted, is SiliconEra.

RivalDestiny, the "zii" news is posted by ME, I mostly post stuff BEFORE this asshole "wii news" Hell, I mostly DO the news on wii, wiiware OR vc...sick of this "Wii news" guy who overlaps MY news, like what the hell, i post stuff BEFORE HIM OR HER something, geesh f**kin wii news guy get a f**kin life.

I understand that you are a ticked over this issue, but it really comes down to content rather than the topic provided. By simply quoting an article from another site does not warrant the rights to own it, it is the perspective and insight which makes it unique.

If you feel like you are up for it, you can always apply to become a Wii writer and get recognized for your work. I see you being a very good candidate to be one.

Last edited:
Back