its just gone...

1liter

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2006
i had to buy a router to get my wii connected after my wi-fi went on the fritz.
When i first got my wii i found my code in the "internet" section under "console information", since i got my router (1 day ago) in that same spot my "console" code number has since disapeard and now there is a "mac address"...i dont even own a mac, what happend to my number and where can i find it now...and whats the new address for and why is that there instead?

Bwaaahahahaa, that's tickled me - your Wii's MAC address has nothing to do with Apple Macintosh computers.......... MAC stands for Media Access Control and it's a unique number assigned to the wireless network adaptor in your Wii.

On your router, if you didn't want to set up WEP or WPA security, you can still secure access to your router by allowing connections to it based on "allowed" MAC addresses. You should have an option called "MAC address filtering" - if you turn this on and enter the MAC address of the Wii, your laptop, any other wireless device that needs connectivity in your home then only these devices can use your router.

What router do you have? If you like I'll help you get connected again.

I have a "belkin G+" thats all the box says i didnt set up WEP or WPA security because quite frankly i dont know how, and it was able to connect directly after the set up. and now i cant find how to get into my router settings on my pc...i know basics of computers but when it starts getting into all this technical stuff im stumped

1liter said:
and now i cant find how to get into my router settings on my pc...
198.162.2.1 on Belkin is it not?
Once your in your settings, everything is pretty self-explanitory.
If you need any help setting up the wireless, or mac filtering, feel free to post here or pm me.

As Prez says, open a browser, go to 192.168.2.1 Here's where you configure your router. By default there won't be a username or password required.

Keep us posted on how you're getting on

how do i set up WEP and/or WPA, which one, and how do i know what the "keys" are...i got the concept of mac filtering but cant figure out exactly what else i need/should do

also a quick question, how did you find/know what #'s to type in for my router settings?

Back