Jade Empire-ish Game Idea

shift_andrew

The Dude
Apr 24, 2007
Oklahoma
Wii Online Code
6496-5666-0597-9508
(While there are various console forums here, there's none dedicated to PC games, so I put this here.)

I've recently been struggling with MMO-withdrawal, seeing as it's been a few months since I quit WoW, after playing for two and a half years. So in my boredom, I began to think about what type of MMO I think would be fun to play.

I've been playing Jade Empire recently, and having a blast. I think it could create the grounds for a great MMO, if you have played it before you might understand this. Jade Empire has a "styles" system which is really just a means to master various different martial arts, all of which have their own strengths and weaknesses. I had a lot of fun with this, mastering which ones I liked the best and found the most useful (or are just cool to look at). Yes, each of the styles (really just different martial arts forms) are all -very- different from each other.

I could be wrong here, but there seems to be a surprisingly low amount of games these days set in ancient samurai Japan. So I just thought it'd be cool if there could be an MMO set in that time period. You could get the atmosphere and look of ancient Japan, while getting the community element and ability to freely roam around. Lastly, you could implement a martial art styles system similar to Jade Empire, and you could learn and master said styles at various dojo's around Japan. I think that if the styles were all presented in ways that their strengths and weaknesses balanced out, you could have a game with lots of evenly-matched and balanced variation between all the different players.

Anyway, I thought it would be cool. Unless of course, such a game already exists and I don't know about it. If that is the case, by all means enlighten me. :) Thanks for reading!

Back