kazpsp

WiiChat Member
Sep 12, 2007
Hello i just bought my wii and im a real noob at this
and i need kinda help
first of all i wanna know how to make it go online
then check my wii firmware and all that
also want to know how to add wii channels
and how to chat with wii people through my wii.
thats about all

yes i have a wifi coneection please help me
TY

you got wireless internet connection? do a search with the wii. click and "Wii" button. and in there you go Wii Settings and then on the second page go to Internet and go through the instructions.

last page is the firmware updates.

You may need to put in the security codes for WEP and stuff, if it's protected.

You want it protected really, otherwise other people just mooch off your bandwidth.

Not sure what to do to access it personally, as I have a LAN setup for my Wii...

Welcome. First of all, you will need to go into the Wii settings and configure the Internet settings. Just search for an access point (your wireless connection), connect to it and you will be good to go.

Regarding the firmware update: If the Wii does not initiate an update automatically, then go back into your Wii settings and click on the update button which should be there.

Once you have the Internet set up, you can then visit the Shop Channel to purchase VC titles which will then become channels on your main menu.

To message other Wii owners, yourself and the other individual must exchange and enter each other's Wii codes.

Happy gaming. :)

Read the manual. It should be right there in the box and provides answers faster than waiting for someone online here to give you the same information.

Back