Just got a used Wii

IamPhil

WiiChat Member
May 18, 2007
Hi everyone! I just got a used Wii and I was wondering if there was a way to reset everything so that I could experience what everyone else here experienced. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Well first I would go into the Wii Settings and then click on the Data Management Tab and delete all game saves there.
Then you should make sure there are no Parental Controls. If there are, I reccommend contacting the person you bought it from as the parental controls are PIN protected and you need that PIN to remove them.
Apart from that, there's not much setting up you have to do. I mean I plugged in my Wii when I got it, adjusted all the settings and started playing.
Hope I helped.

Hmmm Notes? Could you clarify? If your talking about the letters and such in your mailbox type thing, you have to manually delete those, and you cant delete the daily gameplay note.

Wiily Good said:
Well first I would go into the Wii Settings and then click on the Data Management Tab and delete all game saves there.
Then you should make sure there are no Parental Controls. If there are, I reccommend contacting the person you bought it from as the parental controls are PIN protected and you need that PIN to remove them.
Apart from that, there's not much setting up you have to do. I mean I plugged in my Wii when I got it, adjusted all the settings and started playing.
Hope I helped.

Actually there is a lot more than that. If I were you (OP), I would go through the entire Wii Settings tab (there is three pages of settings, I believe) and make sure that everything suits your tv well. Most of the stuff will probably be correct, but you might need to adjust some settings.

Happy Wiiing!

Back