Just got Grand Slam Tennis with Motion Plus

paulwilko

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2007
But I am struggling to get to grips with the controller.
Seems way to sensitive !!
Only played for a very short time but my player seems to have a mind of his own.

Any idea how you control the movement of the player ?
Seems alot of the time he seems to be in the wrong position whether it is forehand or backhand !!

Maybe just a case of getting used to it, but if someone knows the answer, then please tell me !!

Cheers

Paul

If you do not have the Nunchuck attached your player should move himself into the correct position.
With the Nunchuck you can control where your player moves.

Make sure you’re in the correct stance. My guy will face the wrong way if I try to hit a backhand while I’m standing in the forehand position (if that makes sense).

If you do not have the Nunchuck attached your player should move himself into the correct position.
With the Nunchuck you can control where your player moves.

Make sure you’re in the correct stance. My guy will face the wrong way if I try to hit a backhand while I’m standing in the forehand position (if that makes sense).

Thx for the reply, will add the Nunchuck but how do you get into the correct stance ?

how do you get into the correct stance ?

Try standing like you would if you were really hitting a tennis ball.

I’m right handed, so for a forehand I stand with my left shoulder facing the TV.

For a backhand I stand with my right shoulder facing the TV.

If I try to reach across my body for a backhand (aka my left should is facing the TV) my guy looks very awkward and is often facing the wrong way.

Use the ball machine to see how your movements affect your character (just let the balls go past and concentrate on seeing how he moves).

Try standing like you would if you were really hitting a tennis ball.

I’m right handed, so for a forehand I stand with my left shoulder facing the TV.

For a backhand I stand with my right shoulder facing the TV.

If I try to reach across my body for a backhand (aka my left should is facing the TV) my guy looks very awkward and is often facing the wrong way.

Use the ball machine to see how your movements affect your character (just let the balls go past and concentrate on seeing how he moves).
Good advice, or at least it sounds good ;-)
Will try later, thx for the quick replies !!

Ok, tried your idea and simply, this game and controls are aweful !!!!

In the practise court, the ball will be played to my forehand, i will have my wiimote on my forehand, yet my player runs pass the ball and tries to play on backhand and misses.
There is nothing real at all about this Motion plus so far.
I have tried reconnecting the controller.

I have watched the video of the guy that demonstrates the motionplus with tennis and simply, mine does not react the same as he describes.

Anybody else got experience of Tennis and Motion plus that can help ?

paul

I am basicly guessing that your wmp is flawed. If not, try settings? If nothing else works trade it in and get a new one, because thats basicly all I know. Plus, maybe it is the game. It was only 40 dollars so Im guessing it lacks some quality. Maybe its the game or the wmp.

I am basicly guessing that your wmp is flawed. If not, try settings? If nothing else works trade it in and get a new one, because thats basicly all I know. Plus, maybe it is the game. It was only 40 dollars so Im guessing it lacks some quality. Maybe its the game or the wmp.
The WMP is defo working as when i take it off the wiimote acts very differently.

May just be a case of practise but it all seems very weird at the moment

Make sure you are letting the WMP re-calibrate by holding the remote still for 2 seconds.
If I do not do this every couple of serves my guy will act strangely – holding his racket in the air, standing the wrong direction etc…

I would also recommend using the Nunchuck.
If I use just the Wii Remote my guy seems to like to run past the ball. I will be half way into my backswing and he will run past the ball like it’s a forehand.

VS the Ball Machine I am consistently able to put the ball where I want it, and apply the spin I want.
He will occasionally swing too early, too late, not at all etc… but mostly the actions are correct.

Thx for your help mate

I am in the UK and got the game early. I see plenty of people online but at the time the game is about to start, i lose connection every single time

Are the EA servers up and running for the UK or is something else wrong

My Wii is set to DMZ so all ports are opened so it cant be that

Any ideas ?

Paul, it's not you. I'm having the exact same problem with GST, and similar, but not as severe problems, with VirtuaTennis 2009.

For me, GST is pretty much unplayable because the player jitters around and does whatever it wants. Adding the Nunchuck actually makes it worse, because the player won't respond to the joystick control unless it wants to. I.e., I'll hit a cross-court shot, then want to run to the other side to get the return, but he just stands there, or lags several seconds before moving, and I lose the point.

I've tried three different WMP controls, so unless they're all bad, that's not it... plus it seems to work fine on Tiger Woods PGA 10.

Rob

Paul, it's not you. I'm having the exact same problem with GST, and similar, but not as severe problems, with VirtuaTennis 2009.

For me, GST is pretty much unplayable because the player jitters around and does whatever it wants. Adding the Nunchuck actually makes it worse, because the player won't respond to the joystick control unless it wants to. I.e., I'll hit a cross-court shot, then want to run to the other side to get the return, but he just stands there, or lags several seconds before moving, and I lose the point.

I've tried three different WMP controls, so unless they're all bad, that's not it... plus it seems to work fine on Tiger Woods PGA 10.

Rob
Thx for your reply.
I have just played my first exhibition match and actually won it !!!
Seems better in game than it does on the practise court !!!!

Has anyone in the UK played agame online yet ?

Just picked up GST and played it for about a hour online. I really didn't have any trouble controlling or moving my player. Sure it will take a lot more practice to get it down well but that's the cool part of the game, it takes practice to get better. Also remember to hold your WiiMote with the buttons facing up. Personally I think this game is fantastic!!

I'm Stuck!!! HELP!

Okay, so I just rented the stupid NEW EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis game, which of course came without instructions. I popped it in, and LO AND BEHOLD, it auto defaults, just like the f---ing EA Golf games, to a ONE PLAYER practice area. No matter what I try it won't let me move beyond that and sure as hell won't even let me go anywahere else. And of course, I want to reach the multiplayer option.

SO, questions for you gurus out there? HOW IN THE HELL DO I GET TO THE Multiplayer mode? And I am STUCK having to go through the stupid setup practie, what do I need to do to get beyond it???? I already search, so please don't tell me to look for the P1 blue button and move the other wiimote to the right. I DON'T EVEN GET THAT OPTION!!! :mad2:

I've been at this sh-- for over an hour...HELP, SOMEBODY???!! :(

Back