King Kong.. and other stuff

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
so i bought a DS yesterday after selling my fat about a month ago to pay for a 360 i decided i needed a portable, so a black lite is wut i got.

i bought King Kong with it. my first impressions of the game were "wow, this is really gay, everything seems to be broke in this game" then i realized its just got terrible graphics and glitches galore (you can walk outside the map in some areas). then it got hard, couldnt tell wha ti was supposed to do in some parts and i relied on a walkthrough for help, and got through it. im up to the part where ur Kong and you fight the T-Rex, failed twice in a row and quit for the time being.

all in all, for ten bucks, i guess i cant complain.

but my question is What games are good? im talking about games with DEPTH and that are aimed towards the older crowd or at least enjoyable by an older croud, rating doesnt matter to me, its depth (and maybe guns) i want.

Hunters is impossible to find, so thats out cause im not buying off the internet.
i already know about dementium and will be picking that one up in a week or so.

but after that idn what to buy, seems every time i go into gamestop i look at DS games for an hour only to settle for a crappy title.

Is resident evil good? i hate the crappy camera angles in the original but is that a big problem in the DS version?

what about touch the dead? i read a bad review on it but it looks ilke it might be ok..

thanks for your help in advance
~SensesFail

oh yeah, btw i dont play my DS online so please dont list good online games, i just dont have a wireless router :/

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and I guess Pokemon have a lot of depth. Obviously Pokemon isn't aimed at the older audience but it does supply 20+ hours of game play and if you want to collect all of the monsters probably closer to 100 hours.

If you want guns and can't find Metroid I don't know. I'd wait until COD 4 and Contra 4 come out. (They are both coming out this month) There's also a Goldeneye game that I found semi-enjoyable. I'm not sure if you'll be able to find it though. It's pretty old.

thanks for those suggestions, anybody else has any let me know. i dont think COD 4 will be good on DS (im getting it for 360) but if the reviews are good ill buy it for both.

Z:pH ..
Metriod..
Naruto ( I don't know it was kinda funny, 10 h gameplay )..
Dementium..
Resident Evil? ( Big CRAP )

Yeah, King Kong is horrible. On the bright side, you could have done worse. Can't think of much worse offhand.. Superman Returns defniately.

As for in-depth engaging games, I would suggest: (rating out of 10)

Phoenix Wright (9.5) -- Great detective series. Not a shooter, or action-y, but it's engaging an fun. Good amount of play time, but not much replayability.

Nanostray (9.5) -- Great shooting game, sequil coming out soon. If you can find it for $20 it's definately worth it. Great graphics and sound, intense shooter action.

Final Fantasy 3 (9.0) -- Best RPG on the DS IMO. Remake of an older FF, but great graphics and upgrades. Class system adds replay value, but the game is long enough as it is.

Mario Kart DS (9.5) -- The must have DS kart game. I can't visit the parents house on holidays without having a copy for my nieces and nephews to play.

Resident Evil Deadly Silence (8.5) -- Here's your intense action game with shooting elements. Should keep any RE fan busy on the road.

If you like the SimCity games check out SimCity DS, it's a remake of one of the older ones. There's some lag on a big city, but it's still fun. (7.8)

As for not being able to find MP;H, I suggest trying out kids toys stores instead of gamestoers. I shop for DS games at Toys-R-Us. Mainly because usually only kids and their moms shop there. This means a lot of the better games that appeal to an older audience last longer. Only a few other gamers seem to shop at kids toys stores around here. That's where I found my phoenix wrights, mp;h, rune factory and tetris ds.

toy store is a good idea but theres no toys r us's around here anymore, the closest one (30 minutes away) went out of buisiness it hink. maybe k-mart will be better..

Harvest Moon! Not exactly an action game, but it'll keep you busy! I played my sisters, and got seriously addicted, and had to keep on growing and expanding my farm... But then I got pissed because I lost pretty much all points with my gf (the one in the game that is), due to accidentally working too much and getting knocked out for a day. So I stopped playing.

As said, Mario Kart, NEW super mario bros., super mario 64 DS, and of course Nintendogs if you're a girl or have no life.BE WARNED! Yoshi's Island DS is nothing like the great SNES game. Well slightly similar, but some how ruined. I don't get how they managed...

i had NEW Super Mario Bros. when i had my phat. almost beat it. it was fun. mini games were great.

i was looking on youtube and i found out splinter cell was on DS, that shocked me, i had no idea lol, ive never seen it in store so chances are i wont be playing it but... i want to. :/ all the good games are impossible to find.

so i went to the store today, i ended up getting Dementium and Touch the Dead. touch had bad reviews, i know, but i figured its used so theres that seven day return policy. guy working said "i have a feeling youll be bringing this one back" and i said probably, but i actually like it, im only on level 2 but its pretty fun. im sure the multi player sucks (no one to play it w/tho, i have no wifi) but overall its an okay game. id give it a 7

dementium is a whole different story, amazing game, the only downfall is that if u die you restart an entire chapter wich is really really gay. but still, its an amazing game. awesome graphics. id give it a 9..

and i also got touchmaster but havent played it. DS mini games can be fun so i figured why not.

Cool, Touch of the Dead looks alright. I hate paid reviewers anyway. Still can't be worse than King Kong. You would probably like the Splinter Cell. The Goldeneye game has janky controls, but it's not that bad if you can find it for dirt cheap. Having an AR makes it a little more fun.

Back