Lego Star Wars

Budo

Raging Clue
Sep 19, 2007
Canadia
After deciding on getting BWII yesterday, I went to the first store and it was nowhere. Although surprisingly, there were five copies of Zack & Wiki. I thought it was supposed to be a rare game, so I was kind of shocked. I went to a second store, and BWII wasn't there either. So instead of it turning into another GHIII or Wii hunt, I decided to buy Lego Star Wars. :lol:

It's a pretty good game actually, so I'm glad for that. I'll list some of the problems with the game as I see them:

• The Camera - while good, it should have been static behind the player. Or at the very least, let the user rotate the camera similar to Alien Syndrome.
  • Wiimote Control - Absolutely no reason to use the Wiimote to swing your lightsaber. The control isn't 1-to-1, and only does a set swing for your motions.
  • Dialogue - No written words, and no spoken words. The scenes before each part of each episode, have small, in game cut scenes. They try to pull some humour off with some very minor physical comedy bits, but it ultimately falls short.
  • Multiplayer mode - Cut out co-op for the Wii version - not good at all. *Slaps lazy developers with BS excuses*

And one personal thing I would have liked to see, would be more abilities, and the option to customize abilities, and possibly add varying combos. Stance changes would have been nice (Jedi Knight), to up the replayability in dueling.

Definitely entertaining, despite the above flaws. Without going into too much detail, I give the game a 7/10. The two biggest contributing factors to the score, are the lack of multiplayer options, and the lack of 1-to-1 saber control

I'd recommend the game to anyone who hasn't played a Lego Star Wars, because it is fun. But if you have either a 360 or PS3, I would have to recommend those versions of this game, simply for the multiplayer options. The lightsaber controls aren't even close to 1-to-1, which would have given the Wii version the edge.

I hear ya.
Lego Star Wars is fun, but way to simple. They needed to add a lot more features.
If they had, it could have been one of my favorite games.
(Well, maybe...)

Budo said:
After deciding on getting BWII yesterday, I went to the first store and it was nowhere. Although surprisingly, there were five copies of Zack & Wiki. I thought it was supposed to be a rare game, so I was kind of shocked. I went to a second store, and BWII wasn't there either. So instead of it turning into another GHIII or Wii hunt, I decided to buy Lego Star Wars. :lol:

It's a pretty good game actually, so I'm glad for that. I'll list some of the problems with the game as I see them:

• The Camera - while good, it should have been static behind the player. Or at the very least, let the user rotate the camera similar to Alien Syndrome.
  • Wiimote Control - Absolutely no reason to use the Wiimote to swing your lightsaber. The control isn't 1-to-1, and only does a set swing for your motions.
  • Dialogue - No written words, and no spoken words. The scenes before each part of each episode, have small, in game cut scenes. They try to pull some humour off with some very minor physical comedy bits, but it ultimately falls short.
  • Multiplayer mode - Cut out co-op for the Wii version - not good at all. *Slaps lazy developers with BS excuses*

And one personal thing I would have liked to see, would be more abilities, and the option to customize abilities, and possibly add varying combos. Stance changes would have been nice (Jedi Knight), to up the replayability in dueling.

Definitely entertaining, despite the above flaws. Without going into too much detail, I give the game a 7/10. The two biggest contributing factors to the score, are the lack of multiplayer options, and the lack of 1-to-1 saber control

I'd recommend the game to anyone who hasn't played a Lego Star Wars, because it is fun. But if you have either a 360 or PS3, I would have to recommend those versions of this game, simply for the multiplayer options. The lightsaber controls aren't even close to 1-to-1, which would have given the Wii version the edge.

I have the game, and agree with you about the camera and wiimote controls. I actually prefer the B putton over swinging the wiimote. You are right about the dialogue, but it does not bother me at all. I think the Co-Op makes the game more fun though. It is the same co op experience as the Gamecube versions. The only annoying part is when it won't let you move because you 2 are too far apart.

I enjoy the game overall, but don't recommend buying it to anybody that has played either of the gamecube versions. There is not enough new material to make it worth a buy...

Back