LinkSYS BEFW11SA Router

dhill1217

WiiChat Member
May 27, 2007
My wii recognizes my wireless router LINKSYS BEFW11SA but it will not connect. I keep getting the a 51330 error. I have to put in a security code to access the router, which is not problem but it cannot connect to the internet.
I was told to change my broadcast mode to 802.11g. I went to internet explorer and typed in my IP address but I have NO clue as to how and change my broadcast mode.
If I do change th broadcast mode, what effect will it have on my other wireless computers and my xbox?

Hi

changing to 802.11g (54Mbps) won't affect any of your other
wireless devices as long as they're not 802.11b only.

changing to 802.11g will prevent any 802.11b (11Mbps) wifi
devices connecting to your network.

to change to 802.11g, you normally have an option to alter the
broadcast mode. it could be either 802.11b only, 802.11g only or
"mixed mode" which allows for both protocols to connect.

with regards to getting your Wii to connect, are you using
MAC filtering as well as WEP or WPA encryption?
if you are, you will need to add the Wii's MAC address to
the list of "trusted" devices which are allowed to connect
to your router.

dhill1217 said:
I was told to change my broadcast mode to 802.11g. I went to internet explorer and typed in my IP address but I have NO clue as to how and change my broadcast mode.
If I do change th broadcast mode, what effect will it have on my other wireless computers and my xbox?

Who told you this? Go back and kick their ass for being a moron. Your router DOESNT HAVE 802.11G

dhill1217 said:
My wii recognizes my wireless router LINKSYS BEFW11SA but it will not connect. I keep getting the a 51330 error. I have to put in a security code to access the router, which is not problem but it cannot connect to the internet.

Yes i have the same router LINKSYS BEFW11SA ver 3.0 , and ive been getting the same errors. when i search for access point, it detects my network, i had to put in a WEP code which is like 14 characters long, but still nothing, i get the stupid 51000 errors and 52000s and i still dont no wuts up.......ive tried to change the channel to 1 then 11 but still nothing.....ive put the mac address in the mac filtering sections and still nothing...........i dont no wut is up.....should i buy a wii usb adapter...is that simpler?

leethal59 said:
Yes i have the same router LINKSYS BEFW11SA ver 3.0 , and ive been getting the same errors. when i search for access point, it detects my network, i had to put in a WEP code which is like 14 characters long, but still nothing, i get the stupid 51000 errors and 52000s and i still dont no wuts up.......ive tried to change the channel to 1 then 11 but still nothing.....ive put the mac address in the mac filtering sections and still nothing...........i dont no wut is up.....should i buy a wii usb adapter...is that simpler?
Any success in getting your Linksys BEFW11SA router to work. I got nothing.

Back