Linksys Router Fallwall

Guinness

King of the Corgi Tribe
Apr 25, 2007
St. Pete Florida
Wii Online Code
6695-9494-9036-0139
Linksys Router Firewall

Hey, I'm new to using routers and am having problems with my routers firewall. I am using a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router, model no. is WRT54GX2

The router works great for connecting my Wii to the net, everything loads fast, just as fast as my cable modem.
The problem is it the router is blocking me from accessing BitTorrent (Azureus is my client) I have disabled the routers internal firewall but Azureus still detects a firewall.

As it stands right now the only way to connect to BitTorrent is to disconnect my router, which defeats the propose of WiiConnect 24, as I'll miss messages and updates for my Wii as long is it's disconnected. I'm sure there is a easier way around this and any help will be much appreciated.

Last edited:
First can I suggest you use Utorrent instead of Azureus? Utorrent uses about 1/10 the memory and only needs a single 170k file to run!

Either way you should enable universal plug and play (UPNP) on the router and instruct the torrent application to use it. This way the ports will be forwarded automatically and you wont need any static IPs or permanently open ports. Try to get firmware version 1.01.18 for V1 or 1.00.6 for v2 as it has a UPNP fix.

Last edited:
Windows Xp has a built in firewall as part of the security center. Have you checked to make sure this is turned off or that specific app is set to gain access to the internet at will?

Also check if any internet security software isn't blocking them, have a look through your router settings also

If you think the windows firewall is causing the problem then open RUN and type
net stop "sharedaccess"
That will disable the firewall until you reboot.

Back