Madden Controls

Pad264

WiiChat Member
Aug 10, 2007
I didn't have the opportunity to play '07, so the Wii controls are new to me. So far I love them for MSC, however, with Madden it seems extremely excessive: snapping, throwing, kicking, stiff arm, etc, etc. My wrist was actually hurting after messing around with it for 30 minutes.

Is there anyone else that had similar feelings and just got use to it? As of now I can't fathom liking the controls more than on a button-based controller.

P.S. Did they remove the "Create Player" option? I was unable to find it last night (not including the Superstar mode).

I like the controls a lot. They take a little getting used to, which I'm working on right now, but they are pretty cool. The controls are what sets this Madden apart from the others. I understand where you are coming from because when you are used to the button pushing of the older games it is hard to learn a new way. I haven't had any problems getting worn out because I'm used to playing games like Zelda and Wii Sports that require a lot of movement.

The Wii is definitely not much for sitting down and relax playing, and Madden is one of the most active games out. One of those things that has to be gotten used to or given up I guess.

Well, since you didn't play 07 it's expected. There's lots of drumming and waving the wiimote around. I guess you have to get used to it

it kinda sucks when you want to jump up to intercept a ball and your guy dives forward looking like an idiot, happens to me all the time on superstar mode, drives me crazy

i'm starting to enjoy the ridiculous amount of motion that goes into playing wii madden. it's a work out, and us tough manly football similation fans should have stronger forearms to show for it.

i do miss stuff about the ps2 controls. like not hitting myself in the face with the wire so my player can trip over his feet while missing an easy interception. jukes and stiff arms are too clunky now, but on the bright side, trucking defenders over is fun/easy/and doesnt cause too many fumbles.

methinks there is no create-a-playa. would be pretty awesome to have 100 stats. ^_^

what i'm really missing is the pop up screen in fantasy drafts that lets me check height/weight/former teams/first names -- the things i really look for in the later rounds. do we really need two buttons dedicated to switching between drafted and undrafted?

anyone have tips and stuff for wii madden? it's too late to buy a 360 and madden now, so i might as well get used to it.

well madden for wii and madden for xbox 360 are exactly the same...or reallllllly dang close....but man i want that game soooo bad...im a diehard football fan...love being there to watch all my highschool's games and michigan wolverines on the weekend...and im a packer fan..theyre not doing good lately but hey it takes a while to recover....man i want this game...man man man i want this game lol...i need $50 really bad!

that is teh xXsUcKsOrzXx

note: i have found that timing is key for the user picks. gotta wait for it.

figured out how to get to the screen that shows first name/former teams/height/weight/stats/n stuff in fantasy draft

just hit 1 & 2 at the same time

:thumbsup:

now i can get my towering WRs and hulking DTs

btw, is there any chance of a madden sub-forum?

i know other places try not to have too many sub-forums, and there aren't as many maddenites as there are twighlight princesses, but it's tough to talk in other forums about wii madden; too many people on the 360 and ps3. if we did get a sub-forum, i'd put stuff in it practically every day -- tips, secret controls, opinions, and maybe even some of my favorite plays if i feel like it. who's with me?

I do heavy lifting during my off time so My wrist is used to the wii kind of punishment :lol:

Back