Mario Galaxy on DS?!

Thats pretty neat, whoever did that did an excellent job making it look authentic.

I thought it was fake since the graphics are way too... graphical... for the DS to handle.

Proofings: SMG DS Fake. Click-a Me-a!

Sorry, hopeful commenters, but this thing is definitely a fake. How do we know? Well a little digging turned up an slightly shorter, more stable version of the same footage posted on video-sharing site Stage6 by user psycho3ler. If that handle sounds familiar, it might be because it belongs to Pablo Belmonte, the talented video editor behind the now-infamous Nintendo ON hoax video posted back in 2005 (More on that hoax here). The extended footage on Stage6 even shows a Nintendo ON-shaped planet that is cut out of the GameTrailers version (however, the Stage6 version does NOT include the "Mario arithmetic" introduction and the Wii-point-promising conclusion that are in the GameTrailers version).

If you buy the right equipment you can play videos on your DS. It's probably just a video...

Hrm... sorry didn't watch it all, haven't played entirely through SMG yet so I didn't want to spoil anything.

it wasn't just a video of SMG playing on DS, because you can notice alot of the 3D modeling was scaled down to more of a DS/ N64 style.

another dead give away of it being fake was the character models on Luigi and Mario, they weren't correct and didn't run quite right. That's definitely not something Nintendo would have made an error on. That was all the confirmation I needed right there that it was fake.

it was just a very well crafted piece of fan-media.

Back