Mario Kart looking and sounding disapointing

I'm more excited for this than for SSBB. The success of Mario Kart DS should tell you that people LOVE mario kart. You can go two routes with a great franchise. Don't mess with it and just tweak it to make it better or try and innovate and create something new and fresh.

Nintendo did a lot of innovating with the gamecube. They tried Super Mario Sunshine and that didn't do as well as expected. And they did the same thing with double dash. I never really played double dash, but people I know seemed to prefer the N64 classic mario kart. I'm glad they went back to their roots making a Mario Game without gimmicks like the FLUDD and going back to the classic Mario Kart single racer type game.

Honestly I've had more fun playing Mario Kart DS than I have with some of my wii games, there is no way Mario Kart Wii will be a bad game. There's too much riding on it for nintendo to put out something they haven't thoroughly tested and found to be quite enjoyable if not downright fun.

i think you hit the nail, skorp... the dual player was optional... rarely used... it just spiced things up...
majority of the time you would choose single player per car... classic kart... :)
you can play it classic style or have a human team-mate on back :)

edit: when playing single player per kart you controlled both players in your kart with ease

Last edited:
A flick of the Z button and a groovy switch of characters :D

Any idea on release date?
I looked on play.com but the previous date of April had been removed. :(

T3kNi9e said:
Does anyone else see the irony in people who complain about the graphics yet when it comes to Wii vs 360/PS3 they always say "graphics mean nothing"
When did I complain about the graphics on the Wii?

keenydajew said:
i for one agree with u. however, i think that the graphics r betr than every1 is making them sound. but 1 thing u also cant deny is the gameplay is going 2 be awesum... i think that they should have an option for 2 or 1 people per car... but w/e...
****ing hell speak English will you.

The game will be good but yeah it could be a lot better.

Silent-Sniper said:
****ing hell speak English will you.
Seriously. It takes more work to sound like an idiot than it does to use proper grammar.

Uh...I mean...OMG U R A TROLL LOLOLOLOLOL.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I can't wait for this game. My husband and I play Double Dash almost every day. The only thing I'm worried about is the speed. The review I read said the speed was noticably slower even in the 150cc and they hope they take it up a notch. If that's the case, I hope they do as well.

sremick said:
When did I complain about the graphics on the Wii?

The real question is, why do people automatically assume someone is talking to them because they replied after them? My post said "people who complain about the graphics"

So if you didn't complain im obviously not talking about you. I just happened to think about it after you posted.

Icandy said:
I can't wait for this game. My husband and I play Double Dash almost every day. The only thing I'm worried about is the speed. The review I read said the speed was noticably slower even in the 150cc and they hope they take it up a notch. If that's the case, I hope they do as well.
ooooo... i handled 150cc so well...
maybe it's a little slower because you need a slight bit of extra time for stunts or other extra actions :)

CrowTRobot said:
Seriously. It takes more work to sound like an idiot than it does to use proper grammar.
Glad to know I'm not alone. Usually I get flamed for asking people to write legibly.

Here's something I wrote a few years ago:

I'm sure you have something very important to do with the five seconds you saved by dropping all the punctuation and a third of the letters in what you just sent me. However, I have better things to do with my time than to suffer and slowly trudge through and translate the mysterious code you just made up and are trying to pass off as written English. I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure you stopped being twelve years old at least a few years ago. I do not have any desire to put up with your peculiar set of random self-chosen idiosyncrasies. The negligible time you save in typing is far outweighed by the time I waste trying to figure out what the **** you're trying to say, with your incomplete sentences which ramble forward and backwards, your intentional misspellings and odd abbreviations, your twisted idea that combining letters and numbers somehow makes legitimate words, and utter lack of any punctuation whatsoever. If someone has to ask you "huh?" just once in any chat, then your whole justification is lost. Buy a dictionary and retake first-grade English and grammar if you must, but save us all the torture of deciphering your gibberish. Write it legibly and properly the first time and you'll find that conversations actually go faster, despite you having to press more keys.

While you're at it, learn the differences in the forms of "you're/your", "to/two/too" and "they're/there/their". They are not the same and are not interchangeable.

How you write defines how you come across to the other person. If you write like an uneducated twelve-year-old, then that's about as seriously as anyone is going to take anything you have to say. However, if you give people the decency and respect of actually putting an ounce of effort into composing readable text, then you are more likely to be listened-to and taken seriously.

Sloppy writing is a virus. I know you all insist that you know better than to write that way in school papers and such, but the truth is, you don't. There are countless stories of teachers and even college professors receiving papers and essays with "b4", "u", "2day", "sum1" and other nonsense in them. The more you do it and spread it around, even online, the more you legitimize the rape and bastardization of the chosen standard language of communication, reducing its usefulness.

Welcome to the USA. We speak English here. If you have a problem with that, I'm sure you can find a boat that will take you to whatever country has "chatspeak" as their official, national language.

you are very very very wrong

look what Nintendo has done with their POWER titles so far

Super Mario Galaxy - Part of the famed series - INCREDIBLE GAME!!

Super Smash Bros Brawl - again a continuation of an epic series, culminating in this truly amazing game- INCREDIBLE GAME!!..(we have not played it yet but come on)

Mario Kart Wii- again part of Nintendo's most epic series- they will not fail to deliver with this latest installment.

you're just mad about the voice chat.

I just read IGN's latest hands on impressions and I'm a little disappointed. The videos look great though. I'm still excited, just hope they didn't tone it down too much for the casual audience. Either way, online competition will make it challenging and give it great replay value.

Back