Mario Kart P2P?

Again where do you people get this idea they are ditching friends code, or starting some new online service?

There has been no mention of this and Pay to Play seems to be more aimed at "extra content" like voice chat/DLC, than to be a higher end online service. Eaither way untill we get more facts people need to stop jumping to conclusions about the Pay to play service all they haev said so far is that "Some Games Will Have It In The Future" Not all of them! It's not like they are starting some kinda Nintendo Live service to supply your online wishes.

But it could be pay to play though, What that means who knows they say voice chat is going to be out this summer,and who knows if they will have some DLC on it aswell.

Last edited:
Icandy said:
No. Mario Kart isn't pay to play. The box art show a blue logo. If it was p2p it would show red.

Really is that how it works??? Sounds cool. I dont mind nintendo making a P2P service if it means it gunna be improved.

i dont think it will have p2p2, simply because for p2p is probably gonna have voice chat, because we expect to pay for quality, text chat isnt classified as good quality

i think p2p is mostly going to invole no friend codes and vioce chat etc.

but as we have no clue about it and mk is coming out very soon it is very very unlikely to be p2p..

maybe a game like monster hunter 3 (when you think about it) might involve p2p

It will not be involved with any of the online games we know about now, that being Brawl and Mario Kart. Its still too early, and we know hardly anything about this Pay To Play thing. It will be with whatever Nintendo's next big online game is no doubt, and by announcing this service I can only assume that more big online games are coming.

What people need to do for now is stop speculating, enough of it has been going on lately. Just wait for more info and details to be released first.

personally i think Nintendo's P2P would be for MMO's ..... and not for the other ones...

Aoyama explained that Nintendo will begin "collecting fees for some services [that] will allow us to adapt flexibly." In other words, by subsidizing additional, unnamed service and feature costs to consumers, Nintendo feels they can explore new concepts and channels.

He added that it was a Nintendo initiative to avoid misleading consumers into thinking they can buy games that can be played entirely free when they cannot (whether or not this implies an initiative to begin charging for multiplayer content was unclear).

So we really have no clue what will and will not be a Pay to Play game.
I'm not sure why all these articles on the topic are straying from the "extra content" and the fact it will be on a "game to game" basis. Nintendo has mentioned nothing about a new online support setup, that is all speculation.

But so far the extra online content has been confirmed by Nintendo, and it consist of Voice Chat and DLC So I would assume these will be some of the "new online features" included in the Pay to Play, atleast the DLC. Would be nice if they included Voice Chat for free.

They have not mentioned any change to the current free online play "getting rid of friends codes." The acctual online support is locked in by contract for the life of the system, so they have no reason to change the free online support being it its already paid for.

So just based on Mario Kart's time frame and the fact it could include Voice/DLC it could be pay to play but most likely will still support the "no bells and whistles" online for free, aswell as every other online game. They just don't want everyone picking up a newer game thinking everything they do on it will be free of charge online.

Last edited:
Back