Mario Kart Wii- Bike v.s. Kart

Wikidwill

MW2 PS3 PSN:BoSsManWiLL
Feb 18, 2009
Wii Online Code
0021-9044-8104-6063
This thread is to discuss the many advantages and disadvantages of bikes and karts

good idea for a thread.but i much prefer the bike. sharper turning. wheelies. all are great
the only good thing for a kart is that super drift when your sparks turn red and its a longer mini boost. But either way you can only do that on really long turns which are rare. Bike wins
btw my fav bike is the zip zip :]

Hey I hear you. Im Will.My favorite character is Baby Luigi and I like the Jet Bubble

lets trade FC mine is 3351 9138 2558

Don't double post, Wikidwill. It's against the rules. Use the "EDIT REPLY" button at the bottom of the posts so you don't spam. ..This also isn't a thread for Friend Codes, remain on topic.

Ah, yes.. The common in other forums but never posted here, debate over karts and bikes.

The advantages of karts? They often have much better acceleration, especially compared to their bike counterpart. Their extra weight also helps push around other bikers. Karts are also more balanced in general in terms of their general stats compared to bikes. Their drift and handling ratios are also quite balanced when compared to eachother, meaning how they drift and turn are very consistent with eachother and aid the kart in tackling specific tracks. Karts also on average have a bit more handling than bikes, not by much though.

Bikes on the other hand, usually have a higher top speed without lacking too much acceleration(i.e. slightly less top speed than a heavy kart, but definatly more acceleration than a heavy kart). They're also excellent at drifting for a quick boost. The wheelies give speed boosts that really add up during races, and can secure victory at times. Bikes usually have fantastic drift rates as well, aiding turbo boosting even further during drifts. This really helps with the lack of above average handling for most bikes.

In short, karts are balanced and can be used by anyone, but only a pro can use them to their full potential. When it comes to bikes, a higher skill level is needed in general to be successful. Mastering the bike's unique features(wheelies, anyone?)are also necesarry to make it worthwhile.

..In short, they have their strengths and weaknesses, and are in general, balanced vehicles. No one ride is truly better than the other, IMO.

Even though Bikes can go through narrow spaces and also get the advantage early in a race(acceleration wise)

..In short, they have their strengths and weaknesses, and are in general, balanced vehicles. No one ride is truly better than the other, IMO.

I've always felt it to be unbalanced. There's only so many long turns on maps, karts usually have a disadvantage because of the Bike's ability to wheelie, the sharp turns can also cut your time down. I've played a crazy amount of online matches, and never have I seen a Kart dominate a Bike.

That's because bikes are high risk, high return types of vehicles, IMO. Pros usually get more out of them. As long as you keep going, their good top speed usually goes a long way. Once you take the lead, use banannas, shells, etc. to shield yourself(bar the bad luck of a blue shell)and continue riding on, and you've got an advantage. The wheelies also help you keep people from gaining on you if they have a higher top speed.

However, if you're in the back of the pack, unless you get a bullet bill or something, you're probably going to stay back there unless everyone else sucks. Since their acceleration is lower, they'l have a harder time constantly taking beatings from items.

See what I mean? High risk, high return. I'd still call them balanced when compard to eachother - the bike could possibly be slightly better though.

Back