Mario Kart Wii supports 8-player battle mode

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Twelve players might be a nice round number for straight-out races, but we've still been waiting patiently to see how many online opponents Nintendo will allow us in Mario Kart Wii's version of the classic battle modes. Jeux France reports that eight players will be able to duke it out in the game's battle modes.

To arrive at the magic number yourself, check out the radar in the lower-right of the above picture. Eight icons are clearly visible, making for ample amounts of balloons to burst, and stars to steal. We're sad that twelve-player support isn't possible in the battle mode, but we'll definitely take what we can get.

mariokartwii8forbattling.jpg

linkage
finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Battle mode used to be so much fun with two or four players so I cant wait for eight! I think at the start with seven other players it will be a bit mad, shells flying everywhere!!! :crazy:

is their computer battle mode?i hated how i always had to wait for someone to come over to play the battle mode with me,i want to destroy the computer also

Silent-Sniper said:
Those graphics are eww.

I know graphics is not everything but come on..

I really don't see the problems with the graphics. I don't think you can afford to jump to conclusions prior to witnessing the game first hand.

Of course, you'll probably be too wrapped up in how fun it'll be (because, c'mon, it's a Mario Kart game...it's practically inevitable) to notice much either way. ;D

Silent-Sniper said:
Those graphics are eww.

I know graphics is not everything but come on..
I'm waiting to see in motion tbh.

Besides, who cares about graphics of all things in Mario Kart? Your too busy getting red shelled to look at the scenery!

torontowii said:
is their computer battle mode?i hated how i always had to wait for someone to come over to play the battle mode with me,i want to destroy the computer also

Most probably yes, because there was computer battle mode on the DS version, I'm sure they are not going to go back in features.

Back