Mario Strikers Stories

Mario.striker

Banned
May 27, 2007
Ok, so over the last 3 or 4 days, we have al been enjoying mario strikers, on and offline. So we must have a few stories to share right? They could be good or bad, long or short it doesnt really matter lol.

So today i was playing a guy in a random ranked match. it was best out of 3. He beat me in the first round, but then in the second round it looked as if he left his wii, and gone somewhere else! I was basically playing no one. So i took advantage and beat him 51-0 :lol: (i kept doing mega strikes)

Turns out you can only get a maximum of 20 points, so in the last game i just beat him 11-0 lol, couldnt be bothered to score anymore knowing i wouldnt get more points.

So i basically gain 41 points from three games :yesnod:

Your turn.

EDIT: Can a mod please mve this o the mario strikers cub forum? thanks.

Okay here's one...

Yesterday I sucked... I had 7 loses and 0 wins...

I didn't even score ONE goal in the 7 games..

Today.. I've won every game I've played so far.. BUT three times I've been in a game, been winning and then the connection just goes.. BUT I'M THE ONE GETTIGN THE LOSE POINT... what the ****?

So now I have a wonderful record of 3 wins and like 11 loses, maybe more :/

All in all it's a really cool game imo, but it has a few downsides.

Firstly, there's a few obvious overpowered skillshots, and I mean those that always score. The elephant dude will score from anywhere with his skillshot, unless there's someone between you and the goal. Hammer dude and that mole will always score when close enough, which isn't too far at all. Sometimes it's really hard to get a skillshot off, but still if any skillshot I'd take one of the above three. Which kind of limits the choice of sidekicks, as it makes the others not so useful anymore (I always have elephant + hammer + boney guy for defence).

Second of all sometimes I can get very annoyed because a lot of things depend on chance. I can shoot a fully charged ball 5 times in a row with the most powerful characters and not score, and then the opponent can have a nearly or fully discharged ball kicked right in from anywhere by luck.

Another thing that intensely annoys me are the asshole 12-year old on online play. 7 out of 10 times, and I mean 7 out of 10 times when I have the lead these ****ers disconnect anywhere between 2-20 seconds before the end of the match. At first I thought it was just coincidence, but I'll be damned if that's really the case now. It's not easy to have a game go well, like you want it, and it's just terribly pissing me off that almost every time I do have a good game there's no credit and the opponent gets away with it.

Aside of that, the game is fully worth my €€ because it rocks.

ummmm pros, this is a story thread, not a rant thread, but i feel your pain all the same lol. Nintendo are probably working on gettin these little 12 year olds as we speak.

Mario.striker said:
ummmm pros, this is a story thread, not a rant thread, but i feel your pain all the same lol. Nintendo are probably working on gettin these little 12 year olds as we speak.

Sorry boss, but I was just sharing my story along with my general experience of the game so far.

surfinrach90 said:
Okay here's one...

Yesterday I sucked... I had 7 loses and 0 wins...

I didn't even score ONE goal in the 7 games..

Today.. I've won every game I've played so far.. BUT three times I've been in a game, been winning and then the connection just goes.. BUT I'M THE ONE GETTIGN THE LOSE POINT... what the ****?

So now I have a wonderful record of 3 wins and like 11 loses, maybe more :/

are the stats off a lot in this game?? if so, i hope nintendo is working on it

me and my mate keeza (online) i dont have a seconmd nunchaku so we take goals each we are down 2-0 20 seconds to go keeza on the remote BAM!
2-1 we jump threre may still be hope when he scores his 3rd with 15 seconds to go so its me on teh remote i get a mega strike mess it up big time BUT i get one goal!
DAMN! we shout but then keeza does a monty moles digs under groung 5 seconds to go 3-3 Yes! We give each other some skin and do a secret handshake!

now ITS SD!
3 secs in bam i score all over best victory yet!(i have scored much more but in a fasion like that! pawnage:cool:

Heres my favourite match:

I was online and he won the first match 2-1 [Lucky goal by Boo] Then in the second match I got 2 lucky Mega strikes [6 and mega speed] and won 6-0
third match he was winning 1-0 until I realised there was 40 second left. I quickly nipped one in with DK and then set on scoring with hammer bros. He got the ball at the back, Quick 1-2 to Boo and BANG im 2-1 up to win :)

It's still doing it :mad5:

I've won four games now, and all the points have gone to the lost bit, and not the win.. aghghghafjkghdkfj,lghs;jfg

Back