Medal of Honor Heroes 2 officially announced for Wii

Wiinter said:
I think there may still be leaderboards with a kill to deaths ratio score.

That might kill teamwork, if everyone's out to make the most kills as fast as possible instead of focusing on something like capturing the flag that requires some people to sacrifice themselves to get it back.

yeah, that might suck..

they should score ppl on mission success rather than kills, and kills could just add to the success rating.

Squall7 said:
I thought it meant that the zapper was only supposed to be used on the on-rails part, and not anywhere else...

If you watch the brief E3 coverage, Reggie talks about '10 different wii zapper moves'.

Since the nunchuck and wiimote are stuck together, some normal motions are going to be more awkward, and some that would be awkward apart are more natural.

If you want to, you can 'use' the Zapper in Wii Tennis. The only meaningful thing Zapper Support can mean is special motion controls--presumably designed to increase its contribution to realism. I pretty much ruled out getting it when I read that the trigger feels sluggish compared the wiimote's--which makes sense since it is just an intermediary button--you press it, it presses wiimote.b. Nobody likes a middle man.

TC520 said:
they should score ppl on mission success rather than kills, and kills could just add to the success rating.

Wouldn't that just encourage disconnects by people whose team was about to lose? Personally, I hope there is more than one option. Some that you play as a team, and some that just let you jump and start killing people at random. Even in the latter, if you have some means of communication (text chat, BT voice), you can have limited teamwork. If your goal is to rack up lots more kills than deaths, then having someone watch your back while you watch theirs in some sort of strategic map point could make that happen.

mk_south_london said:
IF ANYBODY looking in this thread has medal of Honour Vanguard, please tell me what u think of it and rate it from 0-10.

I don't have it, but plan to get it. In preparation I've been reading up on it. According to IGN's POV, Vangaurd has the second best (second to COD3) FPS control mechanism on the Wii, and has better graphics than COD3. I think of MOH as being a little too cookie cutter (what will Heroes be? the 10th moh game? 20th?), but it's online vs with good controls.

FYI, the biggest control issue Wii FPS have been having is turn-time. In Red Steel, it's the worst. In multiplayer mode, if you're playing against someone semi-competent, and they get behind you in the open (no cover), you're dead before you can whip around to defend yourself. In Vanguard, not only do you have tighter controls, you also have a 180* turn that allows to flip all the way around instantly--which is realistic. Imagine in real life someone start shooting at you from behind, are you going to gingerly move your weapon to a 40* angle so that it's outside your bounding box, and spend 30 seconds following your gun around to face them? No, assuming you can overcome the "freeze" or "run like a cat out of well" instinct, you're going to pivot low and bring your gun up to face them in fractions of a second.

Wiinter said:
FYI, the biggest control issue Wii FPS have been having is turn-time. In Red Steel, it's the worst. In multiplayer mode, if you're playing against someone semi-competent, and they get behind you in the open (no cover), you're dead before you can whip around to defend yourself. In Vanguard, not only do you have tighter controls, you also have a 180* turn that allows to flip all the way around instantly--which is realistic. Imagine in real life someone start shooting at you from behind, are you going to gingerly move your weapon to a 40* angle so that it's outside your bounding box, and spend 30 seconds following your gun around to face them? No, assuming you can overcome the "freeze" or "run like a cat out of well" instinct, you're going to pivot low and bring your gun up to face them in fractions of a second.

hahahahaha

Back