Metroid Prime Trilogy: Visually Worse Than Original Releases?

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Footage seems to suggest as much

Before this turns into a mud-slinging match, let's just point out that Metroid Prime Trilogy is fantastic. Being able to play all three games on one disc is a godsend and we rightly awarded it a whopping 10/10 when we reviewed it recently.

Not that it makes any difference to how well the game plays, of course, but it's interesting to see that we're actually taking a step backwards in terms of graphics on the Wii.

Updated: It seems this issue has been widely talked about and thanks to you, our readers, it's become clear that the "missing" effects are a combination of features that were either added to the European original version of Metroid Prime and weapon effects that were fixed on-screen that had to be removed due to the Wii version having moving on-screen weapons. We'd suggest you scan down the comments for this article and read the longer ones.

heres the link http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/09/metroid_prime_trilogy_visually_worse_than_original_releases

So what's the final verdict then regarding graphics? Better of worse?

ive been playing it on my samsung plasma and looks terrific. better than galaxy maybe.

i never tried the cube version.

Wether or not it looks as good as the originals is irrelevant. Having all three games on one disc is amazing. That can't be taken away from it.

They have to cut on something to make the moving weapons on screen possible i think this is still the best release so far in the Metroid franchise. Just like RE4 Wii is the best RE4 release.

4 more reasons why this game is so good:

1-there is 3 games on one discs
2-the new controls are so good to play MP1 and 2.
3-the box looks incredible.
4-there is tons of unlockables items and and achievement system.

do we need more argument to accept that is ok if this game slightly worst !?!

:wink::wink:

Trilogy looks better to me. 480p, widescreen and better textures make for a much better visual fidelity, which far outweighs a couple of stuck on effects imo.

I bought this in the end, it's absolutely awesome, graphics aren't anything special, as good as gamecube, but I don't care, all about the incredible Metroid gameplay for me.

Back