Microsoft to buy EA?

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I don't know if I should put this under gaming or hardware but there r rumors i guess that Microsoft might buyout EA, heres the little artical

rumor.jpg

First, a disclaimer: this is just a rumor, so get your saltshakers ready. All set? Okay. Rumor has it that Microsoft is gunning for a takeover of video game publishing giant Electronic Arts.

So, does this mean Madden exclusively for the Xbox 360? Microsoft won't comment. EA has also not yet said anything about the rumor, which pretty much just sprung up suddenly on Reuters thanks to this statement from options strategist Frederic Ruffy:

There's talk that Microsoft might be interested in acquiring Electronic Arts. It's unsubstantiated chatter, but it's out there.

Unsubstantiated it may be, but it's already had an effect. Reuters reports that EA's shares jumped more than 4 percent following the rumors.

If this turns out to be true it could be one of the biggest coups in Microsoft's gaming forays in recent years. Still, I can't quite reconcile these two facts: A, Microsoft likes exclusives, and B, EA loves multiplatform releases.

What do you guys think?

heres the link http://wii.qj.net/Microsoft-to-buy-EA-/pg/49/aid/134738

I don't like it, shouldn't EA be multiplatform like it has been? First MS took away R.A.R.E. and new EA, WHAT NEXT...r they gonna buyout the Big N???

Last edited:
Even if Microsoft does buy EA, it's highly unlikely they would become an exclusive Microsoft developer. EA makes far too much money from multi-platform development to drop to just a single platform.

^ Yet if it's owned by Microsoft, then it'd be beneficial.

Alot of PS3 owners (and Wii.. I guess) love the sports games, and would be forced to buy a 360 / future Microsoft consoles to play the best ones.

Quite frankly if Fifa 10/11/etc only came out on the PS3 in the near future, I'd buy a PS3.

This would be one of the biggest gaming buyouts of all time if it were to happen. 360 sales would boost immensely.. not sure if it'd be a swift move for EA, though.

^ Yet if it's owned by Microsoft, then it'd be beneficial.

Alot of PS3 owners (and Wii.. I guess) love the sports games, and would be forced to buy a 360 / future Microsoft consoles to play the best ones.

However, not everyone has the means to buy another console, so those sales would be lost, lowering profits.

Like me, Its so hard for me to rack up 300 dollars or more, i most b it on wii games But there's so much i wanna buy new tv (HD or LCD) another gaming console (ps3, ps2 or ps3) jack lalanne power juicer (is this juicer ne good does any1 know???), psp, psp-go, dsi or ds.

Last edited:
Back