Miyamoto: New Super Mario Bros. Wii, other Wii titles will play themselves

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
When I hear the words "demo play", the first thing I think about are those old demos that used to kick in when you left a game in the "Press Start" screen for too long. Do they still have those these days? My gaming time's so compressed these days that I just keep mashing the Start button to get to the game as quick as possible.

Nintendo is taking the demo play idea to a whole new level, however. In an interview with USA Today, Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that they're adding an optional feature -- called "demo play" -- that will make the Wii even more accessible by making games play themselves:

In New Super Mario Bros. Wii, if a player is experiencing an area of difficulty, this will allow them to clear troubled areas and take over when they're ready

It's not just for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Future Wii games will also have this feature, said Miyamoto. Maybe the new Zelda will also have this feature, as Miyamoto has previously expressed a wish to make the series more accessible.

I don't know about you guys, but isn't this taking the whole accessibility thing too far? It kinda defeats the whole purpose of buying a game -- which is to, you know, play it. Of course, probably the main thing to remember here is that this feature is optional. If you don't need or want to use it, you don't have to. Sound off in the comments section.

heres the link http://wii.qj.net/Miyamoto-New-Super-Mario-Bros-Wii-other-Wii-titles-will-play-themselves/pg/49/aid/132165

Plenty of people will ***** about this, but it's not hurting anyone, so I'm totally fine with it. I'll never use it because I like the satisfaction of beating games myself, but if it's there for people who want it, it's a nice feature.

If it's optional, it doesn't bother me. The only thing I hope is that there is a feature in the main options menu instead of having to see it every time you pause the game.

wow... what a gay idea. i can see this getting used anytime somebody gets stuck or lazy. i definately won't use it and i hope they decide to scrap it instead.

wow... what a gay idea. i can see this getting used anytime somebody gets stuck or lazy. i definately won't use it and i hope they decide to scrap it instead.

I kinda agree with you on this. But unlike you i dont care of they scrap it or not. As long as i dont have to use it im fine.

Another way i like to look at this is now maby Nintendo can make there games a little harder without pissing off the casual players that might get stuck on a part of a game they cant get passed because its too hard.

Now make the games harder Nintendo.

I think it's a goid idea for "casuals", but every one else'll say "st00pid", like me. I'll onky use this if I die & I want to speed chit up to that point, then resume.

Back