MLB Power Pros - Do You Enjoy It?

stok3d

WiiKey-4-Me
Oct 10, 2007
Hello all,

I've been playing this for a few hours now am pretty happy with it..

The graphical style is a nice change and the MLB license is a nice bonus.

To anyone who has this or has played it, what are your thoughts?

I have been playing it for a little while. I don't think I'm enough of a baseball fanatic to like this game. Let me explain. I'm incredibly impressed with the depth of the season mode but the prospect of a season is way too daunting for me. Also you really have to have the settings on expert to be any challenge at all. The problem with the expert settings is that it takes some of the pitching fun out of it for me. I turn some of the non-expert settings back on for pitching so that I can see pre-pitch cursor.

I haven't played it with another person and I'm sure that's where the fun really is. I rented it and I know that I wouldn't buy it unless my game budget was two games a month. Currently my game budget is game rentals and one game every 4 months.

What did you think? I mean I do think it's kind of cool but I think I would rather have the Bigs for competition with my friends.

I want to pick this game up very soon, i love baseball on the wii, its one of the few platforms that really take full advantage of the wiimote.

jwm2 said:
I want to pick this game up very soon, i love baseball on the wii, its one of the few platforms that really take full advantage of the wiimote.

The game does not take advantage of the controller. In fact you would be better off playing the game with a gamecube controller. The main game does not use the motion sensing in the controller. You can swing to hit only in a very small mini-version of the game which is not even as fun as wii sports baseball.

austinAlan said:
The game does not take advantage of the controller. In fact you would be better off playing the game with a gamecube controller. The main game does not use the motion sensing in the controller. You can swing to hit only in a very small mini-version of the game which is not even as fun as wii sports baseball.
Are you sure? Have you played it or did you read that somewhere??

samXcor3 said:
Are you sure? Have you played it or did you read that somewhere??

I have played it. I've created a new season, played a few games, messed with all the settings I had the patience for. It's a baseball game but it's almost more a baseball sim.

Back