Mod Chips

MP3

WiiChat Member
May 25, 2006
If they come out, are you going to mod your Wii? I am! I want to make the Wii a media center and play a lot of games. How about you guys?

This isent a xbox. I dont even think the Wii has a internal h/d. The reason I think this is that you play the virtual console games online, not download them. Its just my speculation but I doubt you can put a mod chip in it and even if you could I still wouldnt.

I thought that you downloaded the games off the internet and played them within the wiis library

I do not think I would mess with my system because I would not want to break it.

If they do come out my system is going to be modded up to the extreem I will get every one that I can.

Yeah... me too... you play the virtual games online??????
So basically when you pay for one you're granted access to it every time you go online?
this is not true the wii will have a 512 mb custom hard drive and will have usb memory expansions available.

Yeah, it will also have a slot for extra SD cards and other things. The Wii is most likely going to be the most modded console.

Opteix said:
This isent a xbox. I dont even think the Wii has a internal h/d. The reason I think this is that you play the virtual console games online, not download them. Its just my speculation but I doubt you can put a mod chip in it and even if you could I still wouldnt.

you actually buy the virtual console games for a minimal fee, they are then stored in the wii's memory or an sd card

Opteix said:
It doesn't need a hdd to be modded. However, it has flash memory instead of a hdd, so there is still built-in storage. The presence of standard interfaces (USB and SD) will make it easy to do software mods, you just have to break the code

there will be a way to make it play "dodgy roms"

registerednerd said:
It doesn't need a hdd to be modded. However, it has flash memory instead of a hdd, so there is still built-in storage. The presence of standard interfaces (USB and SD) will make it easy to do software mods, you just have to break the code

Also, you will loose your warrenty if anything happens to the console, plus it is going to be difficult to place a possible chip inside as the console is already small.

I wonder if the Wii will have the same capabilities of playing IPod Music as in the Xbox 360.

I have a feeling that the wiconnect24 service will let big brother know if you do mod your console, just like all the other online services, why do you think they are being pushed onto consoles so much?

ghghgh14702 said:
I have a feeling that the wiconnect24 service will let big brother know if you do mod your console, just like all the other online services, why do you think they are being pushed onto consoles so much?

Ooh, I hadn't thought about that. Nintendo goes Microsoft, the world is comming to an end!

Back