mod thread

thats a cool idea u wanna take the wii out of its original case and make ur own casing

what do u want to do build one out of? plexiglas or something might b cool.

or a table with a wii build in it. maybe u can just slide the wii itself in a table with two sides of the wii on the corner, so u can plug in gc controller and games
and the wiring hidden to the other side through the table and go to a tv

You saw the DOOM3 case. Something like that or no?

illmasaki said:
or a table with a wii build in it. maybe u can just slide the wii itself in a table with two sides of the wii on the corner, so u can plug in gc controller and games
and the wiring hidden to the other side through the table and go to a tv

That...isn't really a case mod.

ANYWAYS, back on topic. I wouldn't mod the thing until I could GUARRENTEE that if I **** it up, I could always go and buy another Wii....but since it is out of stock most places, I wouldnt do it quite yet. Wait a few more months.

hmm yea i was thinking of maybe modding it to look as though its a different console. a console that nintendo made of course! however that would render my carrybag useless. i was also looking into purchasing one of those replacement cases that are either black or chrome (has anyone seen it?) and then modding it to maybe the theme of zelda or another game. im gonna start looking into something i could do along the lines of that.

Mod chips are illegal in the USA which im pretty sure you live in. Modding is for nerdy fauilers, it voids your warrenty, it is so cheap and wrong. Mod chips are the reason gaming is dieng, without groups like the esa I would't be the hardcore gamer I am today. Nintendo has attacked piracy twice this week shutting down and finding tons of geeks modding their wiis and DS. Don't mod, its a waste of life. If you can't afford to buy games for a system don't get it.

Last edited:
M!! said:
i want to mod my wii, however not the way you think. i want to do a case mod not chip the thing as i want it to still be a wii at heart and function as a stock console. i have no ideas of what i should do. anyone wanna help?

Sorry, had to getthat post out of my system. Case mods are also not good, they void yourwarrenty and some how I don't think sprey painting your wii with toxic third hand paint for 40 bucks is a good idea. Get skins if you really don't like the amazing white color...

wiitendo please READ my post before putting up that crap in the first post. I ALREADY STATED IM NOT INSTALLING A MOD CHIP!!!!!!!!!!!! its a case mod and will probably be done on a replacement case for it so its a simple switch. also please dont double post, use the edit button.

please read before posting as you have your facts completely wrong.

M!! said:
wiitendo please READ my post before putting up that crap in the first post. I ALREADY STATED IM NOT INSTALLING A MOD CHIP!!!!!!!!!!!! its a case mod and will probably be done on a replacement case for it so its a simple switch. also please dont double post, use the edit button.

please read before posting as you have your facts completely wrong.

Well said, Wiitendo - shut up.

I say you gut an original NES and then fit the wii inside of it so that when you open the front of the NES you have access to the cd input. Also you would prolly benefit from cutting air holes in the side. THEN you can change the entire decor of the room you play video games in with only furniture from the mid-80's, down to every last piece of decoration.

Back