motion sensing

Wii17

26 sets of flat batteries
Dec 16, 2006
Adelaide, South Australia
Wii Online Code
1950-4861-6176-4135
i just had my remotes sensing stuff up, i tried hitting it like nintendo said and for a while nothing i thought id have to get a new one, so i kept trying and hit it really hard 5 times then the racket swung so it works but damn my hand hurts like hell now. just thought i'd let you know it works. btw why does this work? lol is it run on a ballbearing or sumthing and sometimes it sticks?

Wii17 said:
i just had my remotes sensing stuff up, i tried hitting it like nintendo said and for a while nothing i thought id have to get a new one, so i kept trying and hit it really hard 5 times then the racket swung so it works but damn my hand hurts like hell now. just thought i'd let you know it works. btw why does this work? lol is it run on a ballbearing or sumthing and sometimes it sticks?

As far as i know, it's all accellorometers and gyroscopes.

i liked spanking my remote lol it was kinky, too bad i don't have a black latex skin for the controller, that would have made it worse

A mate of mine had the exact same problem, all the buttons worked, the pointer worked, the speaker, the rumble etc, just no motion sensing.

I read on here about a possible solution, and told him to give it a good hard spanking and bingo ! Sorted :)

I guess there must be some kind of mechanincally moving part inside the motion sensing chip.

I am too lazy to look this up but I read that the tilting is also handled by a thin piece of metal within a magnetic field. When you move the controller left, the metal shoots right thus changing the field and letting the Wii know you went left (same with right). This mechanism does not detect up to down however, only side to side. If you were having problems and they say give it a quick jab or whatever, it may be because that piece of metal became stuck for whatever reason and you would jab to break it loose of its confinement.

Back